7744Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] PCB as heated build bed

  • Francis Leach
    Dec 5, 2012
      Kevin

      Consider using a Peltier effect heater. Find them on ebay : TEC1-12710 TEC Thermoelectric Cooler Peltier 154W 10A 40mm : item 310413350611
      use a copper brass or aluminium build platform. The device can be used to heat or cool the item, just reverse polarity.
      I do not know you optimum temperature but consider using 220V Aquarium Fish Tank Digital LCD Temperature Controller Thermostat -50-110℃ : item 230844623307

      You will need a 12V dc power supply but a old computer power supply over 300W may offer you a suitable solution

      I love cheap solutions

      Francis

      On 5 December 2012 08:56, Kevin Impson <internetgiest@...> wrote:

      Hi Everyone,

      I have been looking and buying components for a 3D printer.

      I have searched through Wiki's, forum's, blog's and more to no avail so I come to you all.

      I want to etch a heater onto a 12x8 inch PCB for use as build beds for my 3D printer.

      The 3D printer's production space is 20x12x12 inches.

      I'm using ABS only. I am also heating the build space in the printer so as to reduce the bow string effect.

      Would anybody have an idea as to how to tackle this small problem?

      Any idea is welcome, please.

      Thank you in advance.

      Best Regards,

      Kevin I.