442Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Your thoughts please

  • Kevin Hawkinson
    Mar 9, 2009
      So you're using a toner cartridge to lay down powder.
      Is your project otherwise similar to a Z-Corp style printer?

      My initial reaction:
      It seems like leaving the freshly bound layer open longer would help the binder to dry better.

      -Kevin Hawkinson

      On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 1:13 PM, snowmackenzie <no1toolman@...> wrote:

      Crikey it's been a bit quite here for a while!!
      Anyway I'm getting toward the end of the design of my project of toner cartrage powder transfur 3d printer (man thats a mouthfull).
      I need some feedback ideas on the printing and powder laydown order.
      My question is. What advantages/Disadvantages would there to be to print on to the powder and lay the new layer down behind it, or lay the new layer down and print onto that?
      For those that haven't been following my project. I'm laying the powder down as i'm printing so there is no need to do a 'dry run' to lay the powder down first.

      Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated no matter how small
      Thanks Snow

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic