3525Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: I've got focus.

  • Spacecaptain
    Sep 5, 2011
      Roger I have a question:
      Why don't you try and add a spacer between your lens holder and your lens module?

      This way you would keep your lenses focussing and zooming abilities as well as achieving those close throw distances we are looking for.

      BTW: My replacement parts projector should arrive in 2-4 days, lots faster than I had expected!

      On 09/04/2011 10:34 PM, vrsculptor@... wrote:

      My HP 7030's stock minimum throw was about 14" before shimming the focus ring. I know it will go much smaller that 7" image.

      Roger

      > That is indeed interesting! Did you measure any minimum throw distances
      > for that projector off the shelve? You may have published this already
      > but you know how I tend to oversee things sometimes ;)
      > My brother is thinking in building a 3D printer after me and I may want
      > to indicate him as many parts that do not need tinkering as possible.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic