2112Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: Want to make 3d printer

    May 7, 2011
      At 04:56 PM 5/1/2011, you wrote:
      I agree... but you are missing my point. Safety is not either/or, safe or unsafe. It is a continuum between two extremes, and even something that is common in the household can be unsafe if used improperly.

      I did not mean to imply that they were dangerous, just that they were more dangerous than ABS or PLA (just as ABS is more dangerous than PLA), and as I noted, since they are liquid as opposed to solid, there are more possible exposure routes that you need to be aware of. At the very least, they are more dangerous to your carpets, since I suspect it would be tough to get any spilled resin out. Dropped filament is fairly easy to retrieve. ;-)

      You make some valid points, but since I have to play chinese takeout menu with the various reprap producers just to get pieces that might yield the resolution and might be repeatable, to get the parts I need, I have to look at something more certain. Juniors printer can make all but the largest series of parts I need right now at the resolutions that I need.

      A Dragon Ascending
      "Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"

    • Show all 96 messages in this topic