1636Re: New here

  • Michael Couch
    Dec 1, 2010

      Junior is doing a UV or rather visible light curing fluid build in which bottom up is the best way to go. It seems like quite a breakthrough cost wise and speed wise to use this projector layer method.

      The Inkjet printers is a whole different animal.

      Michael Couch

      --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Ian" <lone_cyclist@...> wrote:
      > Thought I would say Congrats to those who have managed to get anywhere in this.
      > Thumbs up to Junior!! and while I don't care for the bottom up process as it adds complexity in my mind, great job on solving a difficult bit of engineering. And double kudo's on the overall tolerances of finished pieces.
      > I have a couple of questions...
      > How much hacking is required of the print cartridge? I ask because there are some major tech differences in the world of printers. I spent a couple years working for HP's inkjet division doing mostly software support.
      > Is there a basic diy for making a 3d inkjet yet?
      > DLP chips... I'm guessing other than designing your own control board you just lift the parts from a working tv?
      > I have a long description of a theoretical hack of a laserjet to make a stereolithography setup on my blog, please come by and poke holes in my theory. randomtek.blogger.com
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic