1556Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: Sticking

  • Gunter Weber
    Oct 1, 2010
      Hi,

      know the current status of using some coated surfaces to avoid sticking.

      just some point concerning sticking, I think one should have in mind too:

      Building a hollow object, that is closed towards the raising building plattform (as a simple ball), you´ll get a hollow with liquid resin within. With every step upwards you have to lift that liquid further upwards. This plunger increases the adhesive force and lowers the liquid level outside.

      Plaster printers leave a hole at the buttom (last level) to remove the not hardened material. This will be needed here too. But I think this hole has to be at the opposite here: Right on the bulid plattform to make air stream in while building and to avoid some plunger effect.

      Just a note
      Gunter
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic