1425Re: Bottom up Liquid method

  • josecarlos_junior
    Sep 2, 2010
      Hi Halebahay,

      Yes, I will test first the Dymax 9663, I have tested the during time, but as the machine is not ready I could not test the building.

      I am not good on chemicals but I believe if we add anything on the bottom this could change the resin properties... I will try first without anything

      No, LCT won't work.. as does not reflect all wavelengths.

      Cheers,

      Junior

      --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "roup k" <halebahay@...> wrote:

      > Hi Josecarlos
      > Sorry for bad english.
      > excelent work you done.
      > 3 questions
      > 1- is the resien UV-CAST™ 9663 from dymax?
      > 2- why you didn't try to use an isolater like transparent Gleseryne to isolate the Resin from the bottom of quarts window so you don't need the tilt motion to free cured layer.
      > 3- What about LCD? are the UHP lamps damage the LCD crystals? the idea is to change the LCD lamp with UHP one... this was posted somewhere in this group...
      > I think now every one in this group waitting for your news ?
      > Halebahay
      > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "josecarlos_junior" <josecarlos_junior@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Guys,
      > >
      > > Yes, the regular mirror won't reflect UV, there is a special DLP chipset for this but it is too expensive over 10.000 USD.
      > >
      > > The good news is that there are some resins that cure using especial visible light (near UV - I think 400nm). Not all projectors can produce this type of light just the ones with UHP lamp.
      > >
      > > I already tested my resin and cures extremely fast, 3 to 5 seconds.. :)
      > >
      > > I will update you soon.
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > >
      > > Jr
      > >
      > > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "afogassa" <afogassa@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I´ve read somewhere that regular dlp micromirrors won´t reflect UV as well as it does other wave lenghts. Or it can be damage if you remove the UV filter from it. not shure which one is right ,maybe none of this, I did read about it a loooong time ago before starting my 3d project.
      > > > Well, you know, there is always a catch, just plain plaster didn´t work on my setup.
      > > > Any way good luck or as In US "break a leg"and let us know how it goes. Someone said that to me once when I was in US and I went for days thinking about what did I do wrong :-)

    • Show all 41 messages in this topic