RE: [divineoffice] Commentary on the Psalms

  • Mark Forster
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 8, 2010

      Clarke's Commentary used to be a standard resource. He was a Methodist though.

      You can judge for yourself as his commentary is on-line at:

      http://www.godrules.net/library/clarke/clarkepsa1.htm

      Best wishes,

      Mark

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 8, 2010

        How about J.M. Neale’s Commentary? It uses the Coverdale psalms but the commentary is almost overwhelming!

        http://www.archive.org/details/commentaryonpsal01nealuoft

        http://www.archive.org/details/commentaryonpsal02nealuoft

        http://www.archive.org/details/commentaryonpsal03nealuoft

        http://www.archive.org/details/commentaryonpsal04nealuoft

        It’s available for purchase at :

        http://www.andrewespress.com/neale.html

        Jason

        Can anyone recommend a good commentary on the Psalms that uses for its text the Coverdale translation?
        At present I am using "The Psalms" by WE Barnes in the Westminster Commentaries Series [pub 1931] which, though good, is irritating as it uses the text of the Revised Version.
        Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      • Ian MacDonald