Help with Ordo

  • phatdr.russell
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 25, 2010
      I am at a complete loss as to where we are in the ordo. I'm not anglican and do not have access to which week or Sunday after Trinity Sunday(for example)we are. I vaguely remember someone posting a website a year or so ago that publishes the ordo. Would someone be kind enough to help?
    • John & Marty
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 26, 2010
        Re: [divineoffice] Help with Ordo S Clement’s Church website usually has the current Ordo Kalenar available, but it’s not there right now. Hopefully it will be available soon at <http://www.s-clements.org/index.php?/main/ordo-calendar/>.

        I also have the ordo (almost complete) as a shared Google calendar for what it’s worth and will continue to keep it updated. You can add this ordo Google calendar to your Google calendar as well as your iCal and iPhone calendar (if you use either of those) with this link:

        <http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/qrei69rj9mcm4dlce1khqcq0i4%40group.calendar.google.com/private-1225c0184d1d91e8b41a97cdcd21ade6/basic.ics>

        Hope this helps!
        John

        From: "phatdr.russell" <phatdr.russell@...>
        Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 23:15:51 -0000
        To: <divineoffice@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [divineoffice] Help with Ordo

        I am at a complete loss as to where we are in the ordo.  I'm not anglican and do not have access to which week or Sunday after Trinity Sunday(for example)we are. I vaguely remember someone posting a website a year or so ago that publishes the ordo.  Would someone be kind enough to help?

      • Paul Goings
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 26, 2010
          Re: [divineoffice] Help with Ordo The S. Clement's Ordo will be of little use to most users of the A.B., especially after Pentecost (or Trinity).

          Plus it's not really an Ordo.

          Paul Goings

          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          From: John & Marty <bowermarty@...>
          Sender: divineoffice@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 10:41:50 -0400
          To: <divineoffice@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: divineoffice@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [divineoffice] Help with Ordo

          From: "phatdr.russell" <phatdr.russell@...>
          Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 23:15:51 -0000
          To: <divineoffice@yahoogroups.com>

          I am at a complete loss as to where we are in the ordo.  I'm not anglican and do not have access to which week or Sunday after Trinity Sunday(for example)we are. I vaguely remember someone posting a website a year or so ago that publishes the ordo.  Would someone be kind enough to help?

        • Mark Forster
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 26, 2010

            All you need to do is to google Trinity Sunday 2010 and you will easily find the date. Then it's just a matter of counting the Sundays off on any calendar.

            If you do the above you will find that Trinity Sunday fell on May 30th this year. Counting the Sundays, you will then find that tomorrow is the 4th Sunday after Trinity.

            The above method also applies to finding the date of Advent Sunday, Easter Sunday and so on.

            Best wishes,

            Mark

            Mark Forster

            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 26, 2010
              Paul Goings,

              What rite is used for the Sunday Vespers at noon? Just wondering.

              (I used to wonder how St. Mary Magdalene, Toronto, justified Evening
              Prayer at 1:30 p.m. on Sundays, but I later realized it makes it
              possible for parishioners and visitors to pray a complete liturgical
              day together - Morning Prayer at 10:30 a.m., Solemn Mass at 11, a
              break for coffee or sherry and some conversation, and then Evening
              Prayer at 1:30 before heading home or out.)

              --
              Scott R. Knitter
              Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 26, 2010

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 26, 2010
                  Scott,

                  It's the straight Breviarium Romanum, in Latin, calendar of 1950.

                  We're not thrilled with the summer arrangements, but we need to give ourselves some time off; Solemn Vespers is supported by a limited crowd, and the servers are the same from week to week.

                  So, Solemn Vespers at three, from October through May, every Sunday; and recited at noon in the summer. We'd love to improve on that in future years.

                  The Little Hours are recited (in English) at 9:45 (in the winter; 8:45 in the summer). Matins and Lauds are recited (in English) at 7 during Advent and from Septuagesima through Easter, and on certain feast days.

                  Paul

                  Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                  --
                  Scott R. Knitter
                  Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA
                  http://kck.st/9x9QrW

                • Sean W. Reed
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 26, 2010
                    Paul,

                    Do you follow the rubrics in place with the 1950 calendar or use the 1962 rubrics?

                    Specifically, do you double all antiphons?

                    SWR

                    Paul Goings <paul_goings@...> wrote:

                    >Scott,
                    >
                    >It's the straight Breviarium Romanum, in Latin, calendar of 1950.
                    >
                    >We're not thrilled with the summer arrangements, but we need to give ourselves some time off; Solemn Vespers is supported by a limited crowd, and the servers are the same from week to week.
                    >
                    >So, Solemn Vespers at three, from October through May, every Sunday; and recited at noon in the summer. We'd love to improve on that in future years.
                    >
                    >The Little Hours are recited (in English) at 9:45 (in the winter; 8:45 in the summer). Matins and Lauds are recited (in English) at 7 during Advent and from Septuagesima through Easter, and on certain feast days.
                    >
                    >Paul
                    >

                    >Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                  • Paul Goings
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 26, 2010
                      Sean,

                      We use the rubrics that were in force in 1950, so we double the antiphons at Matins, Lauds, and Vespers only on feasts of double rank, and never double the antiphons at the Little Hours.

                      Paul

                      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                      Do you follow the rubrics in place with the 1950 calendar or use the 1962 rubrics?

                      Specifically, do you double all antiphons?

                      SWR

                      Paul Goings <paul_goings@...> wrote:

                      >Scott,
                      >
                      >It's the straight Breviarium Romanum, in Latin, calendar of 1950.
                      >
                      >We're not thrilled with the summer arrangements, but we need to give ourselves some time off; Solemn Vespers is supported by a limited crowd, and the servers are the same from week to week.
                      >
                      >So, Solemn Vespers at three, from October through May, every Sunday; and recited at noon in the summer. We'd love to improve on that in future years.
                      >
                      >The Little Hours are recited (in English) at 9:45 (in the winter; 8:45 in the summer). Matins and Lauds are recited (in English) at 7 during Advent and from Septuagesima through Easter, and on certain feast days.
                      >
                      >Paul
                      >

                      >Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                    • Glenn Fleurinck
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 27, 2010

                        There is a good ordo published by Saint Lawrence Press. It's all in latin though. But as soon as you gett the hang of it, as it is mostly abbreviations it's not all that hard to follow.

                        Brendan+

                        We use the rubrics that were in force in 1950, so we double the antiphons at Matins, Lauds, and Vespers only on feasts of double rank, and never double the antiphons at the Little Hours.

                        Paul

                        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                        Do you follow the rubrics in place with the 1950 calendar or use the 1962 rubrics?

                        Specifically, do you double all antiphons?

                        SWR

                        Paul Goings <paul_goings@...> wrote:

                        >Scott,
                        >
                        >It's the straight Breviarium Romanum, in Latin, calendar of 1950.
                        >
                        >We're not thrilled with the summer arrangements, but we need to give ourselves some time off; Solemn Vespers is supported by a limited crowd, and the servers are the same from week to week.
                        >
                        >So, Solemn Vespers at three, from October through May, every Sunday; and recited at noon in the summer. We'd love to improve on that in future years.
                        >
                        >The Little Hours are recited (in English) at 9:45 (in the winter; 8:45 in the summer). Matins and Lauds are recited (in English) at 7 during Advent and from Septuagesima through Easter, and on certain feast days.
                        >
                        >Paul
                        >

                        >Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                      • phatdr.russell
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 27, 2010
                          Thanks to all for you responses to my request for help getting back on track with the ordo. It's satisfying to know you're on the right page!
                        • JamesEHicksVI@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jun 28, 2010
                            Try this site:

                            Jim Hicks