Re: [divineoffice] Universal Kalendar Daily Ordo

  • Andrew Scurr
    Message 1 of 514 , Nov 2, 2009
      Mark,

      May I ask a question about laity reciting the Office on days where preces are said?

      It is noted that before collects laity should use V: Lord hear my prayer R: And let my cry come unto Thee rather than the V: The Lord be with you R: And with thy spirit. However, when the preces end with the former v and r, should it then be said again before the collect?

      Many thanks,

      Andrew

      On 2 Nov 2009, at 13:09, "Mark Forster" <mf@...> wrote:

      Tuesday, November 3rd

      THIRD DAY IN THE OCTAVE OF ALL SAINTS
      Semidouble

      Psalms, antiphons and Nocturn VV of Tuesday
      Remainder as on the Feast [E495], except as shown below

      Matins
      Three Nocturns
      I Nocturn: Lessons of First Sunday of November [C645] with Responds 1-3 of
      Table 6 [C643] (see Note 1 below)
      II and III Nocturns: Lessons Proper [E518] with Responds of the Feast [E500]
      Te Deum

      ST CHARLES BORROMEO, BC
      Double

      First Vespers
      Psalms and antiphons of Tuesday
      Remainder from Common 7 [F67] except as shown below
      Collect Proper [E519]
      Commemoration of the Octave of All Saints (II Vespers) [E506]
      Commemoration of SS Vitalis & Agricola from Table 6a [F3]; Collect Proper
      [E520]

      Compline of Tuesday

      Notes:

      1) The beginning of the Book of Ezekiel is transferred to today as it was
      not able to be read on Sunday or Monday.

      2) The Suffrage of Saints and Dominical Preces are not used within the
      Octave.

    • Sean & Kenra Reed
      Message 514 of 514 , Mar 30, 2010

        J.M.J.

        In cleaning out my shelves, and also lessening the bite for getting a
        set of http://www.breviari umromanum. com/inside. html I am selling my
        two versions of the Monastic Diurnal - the reprint from Lancelot
        Andrews and the St. Michael's Abby Press.

        I have never been a real fan of the monastic scheme of the psalter,
        and find I am better to to get rid of these and roll the $ into the
        new Roman Breviary set.

        I am asking $40 + shipping for the Lancelot Andrews which is in very
        good condition, and $50 + shipping for the St. Michael's Abby Press
        edition (Farnborough Abbey) in like new condition.

        Contact me at anglican@cox. net if interested.

        Faithfully,

        Sean W. Reed