RE: [divineoffice] Re: Universal Kalendar Ordo: Version including Office of Dead

  • Lewis H Whitaker
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 13, 2007
      Courtney:

      That *IS* the Augustinian formulation, though!

      http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/beliefs/originalsin_3.shtml

      http://tinyurl.com/26o75q

      http://fs.uno.edu/asoble/pages/cog14.htm See chapter 18: Of the Shame Which Attends All Sexual Intercourse

      Lew

      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 18, 2007
        Father,

        That's great to hear, though you don't need to wait for Sept. 14 to
        celebrate the old rite privately, do you? I thought all priests could
        always use the old books privately.

        -Royce

        --- In divineoffice@yahoogroups.com, Herman Jean-Pierre
        <fatherjph@...> wrote:

        > This question is a real matter of controversy among
        > French speaking Catholic priests. I must say much
        > more in France than in my native Belgium. As for me I
        > do not intend to go back to the Roman Breviary up to
        > now, just because I ive with two colleagues and we
        > celebrate the Office in common. But I admit my
        > intention is to say Mass at least once a week with the
        > 1962 Ordo.
        >
        > Jean-Pierre+
        >
        > --- "Royce V. Gregerson" <gregersr@...> a
        > écrit :
        >
        > > ¨But for many RC priests prior to Vat II completing
        > > the office daily
        > > was a challenge say the least.¨
        > >
        > > Which makes it all the more interesting that,
        > > effective Sep. 15, the
        > > 1962 books will be admisable for fulfilling all
        > > obligations to the
        > > Office in the Roman Church. I wonder how many
        > > priests will start
        > > using them. Probably not a whole lot, but I do know
        > > there is
        > > interest. For a few seminarian friends of mine, the
        > > liberation of the
        > > old Divine Office was even bigger news than the
        > > liberation of the old
        > > Mass.
        > >
        > > -Royce
        > >

        > > --- In divineoffice@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn
        > > Fleurinck"
        > > <Glenn.Fleurinck@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Very true Mark. Though priests often have work
        > > long days as well. Of
        > > course in an anglican context the BCP offices aren't
        > > as daunting as
        > > the AB.
        > > > But for many RC priests prior to VAt II completing
        > > the office daily
        > > was a challenge say the least.
        > > >
        > > > Brendan+

        Yahoo! Mail