65Re: Dorothy Sayers

  • Kathleen Spaltro
    Oct 18, 2006
      Dear Ron,

      You WILL become addicted. When we were first married, 20 years ago,
      John and I read all of the Wimsey books in a gulp. The best are the
      ones that include Harriet Vane. Enjoy!

      We have been watching (on DVD) the Timothy Hutton/Maury Chaykin TV
      series on Nero Wolfe, Rex Stout's detective. This was amazingly well
      done.

      Kathy

      --- In divinacommedia@yahoogroups.com, roncriss <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Kathleen,
      >
      > Your mention of Dorothy Sayer's translation caused me to pick up a
      > collection of Lord Peter Wimsey stories I had on the shelf. The
      > introduction to that book caused me to pick up the first Peter Wimsey
      > novel, "Whose Body?" I now see that Lord Peter is a Dante collector as
      > well as a sleuth! Now if I develop an addiction to Peter Wimsey and
      > Dorothy Sayer's books its all your fault!
      >
      > Ron

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic