History of DITKOMANIA in T-Frags #206

  • Rob Imes
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2009
      Just a heads-up, to anyone who might be interested, that the new issue (#206) of Tetragrammaton Fragments was released earlier this week, and it contains a 3-page article by me about the history of DITKOMANIA. There's also a 3-page column by me in the issue reviewing other UFO memberzines.

      (The UFO stands for the United Fanzine Organization, a long-running small-press co-op which DM joined last month. Tetragrammaton Fragments, also called T-Frags or TetFrags (or just TF) for short, is the co-op's group "newsletter" (actually a digest-size zine like DM, but with color covers) to which all members contribute.)

      There are also some other mentions of DM throughout the issue, as some of the members reviewed DM #71 or 72 in their own columns. I happen to think this is Nic's best issue of T-Frags yet, since he took over as UFO Chairman last year.

      Also, T-Frags #206 contained the UFO members' ballots for the 2009 UFO Awards, and Ditkomania was nominated in several categories including Best Cover (Mort Todd's cover for DM #72), Best Article (both Michael Aushenker's debut DITKOTOMY column and my "Ditko & The Goblin" article are competing for this award!), and a few others.

      Also, the back inside cover of the issue is an illustration that was originally intended for DM #72, but didn't make it into the issue. Trevor Giberson drew an illo of The Green Goblin attacking Rorscarch! Trevor let us print the illo in T-Frags #206 instead. Thanks, Trev!

      So, check out T-Frags #206, if you can't get enough Ditkomania-related content till the next issue of DM comes out in June. T-Frags #206 is $3.00 postpaid from Nic Carcieri, 42 Bellevue Ave., Warwick, RI 02888. Or email Nic at portalcomics@... to find out about how to purchase the issue via Paypal.

      Rob Imes
      DITKOMANIA Editor/Publisher
    • morttodd
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2009
        Congrats to Rob and Michael for the UFO nominations! And as for me, as they say in Hollyweird, it's an honor just to be nominated--- especially in light of the great covers Ditkomania has had in the past (like that cool Volkes cover)!

        Now everybody start stuffing them ballots!
      • Neil Vokes
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2009
          that cover was a pure pleasure to do-thanks...;o)

             That's All, Vokes

          A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul."
          - George Bernard Shaw
          Congrats to Rob and Michael for the UFO nominations! And as for me, as they say in Hollyweird, it's an honor just to be nominated--- especially  in light of the great covers Ditkomania has had in the past (like that cool Volkes cover)!

          Now everybody start stuffing them ballots!

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)