The Creeper

  • keith.geller@att.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 13, 2013
      I see the Creeper is gonna be the bad guy in Justice League Dark in September. Can't wait to see that.

      Keith
    • Thom Young
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 13, 2013
        Have you seen DC's new version of The Creeper in KATANA? It's a travesty.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 13, 2013
          The moment DC decided that The Creeper was insane, the character
          pretty much insults Ditko's approach. I can't help but think it's
          personal!

          Batton L.
        • Thom Young
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 14, 2013
            I agree, but the "New 52" version seems to be some sort of ancient Japanese demon that has possessed the dead body of Jack Ryder. He is the "rider in the body of Ryder"--and that's stupid pun isn't mine; it's in the comic books.

            Visually, he's also not Ditko's creation. Google new 52 creeper and take a look.

            This creation may be a decent character, but there is no reason to call him The Creeper or connect him to a character named Jack Ryder.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 14, 2013
              Thom: But the name has been established; apparently it's all about the "branding" and "re-branding" of an old property . . . whether it resembles the original or not! TV and movies, especially, do this all the time.

              Batton L.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 14, 2013
                Like Mr. Bat says. It seems like DC would go out of their way to pervert every heroic concept Steve created for them.