Stan Lee, The Marvel Bard: Changes Magazine April 15, 1970

  • barryprl
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2013
      Stan Lee, The Marvel Bard: Changes Magazine April 15, 1970

      By 1970 Marvel Comics were becoming part of the popular culture. It's fun to read Stan talk about it, at he height of his comic book success.

      MIKE: With which superhero do you personally most identify?
      STAN: Probably Homer the Happy Ghost.

      MIKE: How serious or how deep is the religious allegory in the Silver Surfer?
      STAN: I think pretty unconsciously. I'm really just trying to write something kind of poetic and kind of pretty and kind of mystical sounding. I think you can read a lot into it. In fact, when I discussed the character with John Buscema before he started drawing the book, John said: "Well, how do you want me to think of him? You know, what kind of guy?" And I said: "The closer you come to Jesus Christ the better." He has that kind of a personality. He's almost totally good, unlike most of our heroes, and I'm enjoying doing the Silver Surfer.

      Much more at:
      http://forbushman.blogspot.com/2013/04/stan-lee-marvel-bardchanges-magazine_27.html