Happy Birthday, Steve Ditko!

  • Sam Kujava
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2012
      85 years old and more productive than many a generation younger!
      Write, and draw on, Mr. Ditko!

      Sam Kujava

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2012
        Happy Birthday, Steve Ditko!

        De: Sam Kujava <samiamkujava@...>
        Para: "ditkomania@yahoogroups.com" <ditkomania@yahoogroups.com>
        Enviadas: Sexta-feira, 2 de Novembro de 2012 9:24
        Assunto: [ditkomania] Happy Birthday, Steve Ditko!

        85 years old and more productive than many a generation younger!
        Write, and draw on, Mr. Ditko!

        Sam Kujava

        My latest Blog post celebrates Jack Kirby's run on the Losers:

        http://nick-caputo.blogspot.com/2012/10/kirbys-losers-personal-journey-into-hell.html

        Nick C.

      • Allen Smith
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 2, 2012
          Yes.  Happy Birthday to the most talented man alive in comics today.  I hope he is happy and doing well.

               Allen Smith

          85 years old and more productive than many a generation younger!
          Write, and draw on, Mr. Ditko!

          Sam Kujava

            Happy B-Day to Mister Ditko, may there be many more trips around the sun for him - BLB

            On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Allen Smith <smithallen301@...> wrote:

            Yes.  Happy Birthday to the most talented man alive in comics today.  I hope he is happy and doing well.

                 Allen Smith

            85 years old and more productive than many a generation younger!
            Write, and draw on, Mr. Ditko!

            Sam Kujava

            http://stores.shop.ebay.com/BLB-COMICS
            http://www.facebook.com/robert.beerbohm
            http://www.facebook.com/BLBcomics
          • Bruce Buchanan
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 6, 2012
              Serious question - anyone know if Steve Ditko was affected by Hurricane Sandy? I know a lot of NYC has been without power for days. I just hope he's doing well.

              The same goes for Ditkomaniacs like Barry and Nick who live in that area. Hope all is well with you.

              Bruce

              85 years old and more productive than many a generation younger!
              Write, and draw on, Mr. Ditko!

              Sam Kujava

                Barry is without power and Nick has been providing shelter and food to him.

                mc

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 7, 2012
                  Bruce,

                  I believe Ditko's area in midtown had electricity, so he was probably ok.

                  Thanks for the concern. I was lucky enough not to lose power in my section of Queens. Doc V (who lives in Westchester) was without power for a few days,and Barry has been without power in Long Island since last monday. He's been over my apartment on and off the past week (he has cats and needs to check up on them). Today there is another possibility of a storm, so we will hope for the best.

                  Nick C.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 7, 2012
                    Nick, convey to Barry, and to all who are suffering from the effects of the storm, my best wishes that their lives get back to normal as soon as possible.  As an old geezer, I know I'd be upset at having my life disrupted and inconvenienced, and worse, and I feel for those who've had to go through this situation.
                    I hope we all get back to a normal life of discussing, arguing over, and enjoying comics.

                         Allen Smith

                    --- In mailto:ditkomania%40yahoogroups.com, Bruce Buchanan <brucebuchanan53@...> wrote:

                    > Serious question - anyone know if Steve Ditko was affected by Hurricane Sandy? I know a lot of NYC has been without power for days. I just hope he's doing well.
                    >
                    > The same goes for Ditkomaniacs like Barry and Nick who live in that area. Hope all is well with you.
                    >
                    > Bruce

                  • nick
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 8, 2012
                      Allen,

                      Thanks for the kind words. I'll pass them on to Barry. The petty arguments that we sometimes engage in on comics forums don't amount to a hill of beans when we have to deal with situations such as many have encountered over the past week. Last night we encountered another storm, complete with wind and snow. Not nearly as horrible as Sandy, but it further hampered attempts to return to normal. The good news is that the weather is supposed to warm up for the next few days, with temperatures rising to the 60s by the weekend, so there may be light at the end of a long and winding tunnel.

                      Nick C.