The Startling Sagas of the Silver Surfer: Kirby and Buscema

  • barryprl
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2012
      The Startling Sagas of the Silver Surfer:
      Kirby and Buscema

      In the beginning there were really two versions of the Silver Surfer, Kirby's and Buscema's. I discuss them and their important differences.

      http://forbushman.blogspot.com/
    • Mark Clegg
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 8, 2012
        "But the Surfer failed.  I guess some Kirby fans will blame Lee but who do they blame for Mister Miracle who failed after the same number of issues? Or the New Gods, Forever People "

        Because for significant parts of their runs they were all priced at 25 cents while other comics were significantly less?

        And it is strange that you constanty refer to Lee's Silver Surfer as Buscema's Silver Surfer, but you don't talk about the art in any significant way. Buscema was never involved in plotting or charactere creation, and the changes from Kirby's concept of the Surfer were all Lee's doing.

        mc