Submissions wanted for DITKOMANIA #89

  • robimes
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2012
      Hi folks,

      I'd hoped to have DM #89 out by September 1st, but right now submissions of articles have been very light. In fact, I only have one short article about Speedball in hand for the issue. (And an illo of Speedball by Tom Ahearn to go with it.)

      I'm thinking that this issue ought to have something about the 50th anniversary of Amazing Fantasy #15 in it. (Martin Hirchak has provided an illo of Spidey I can use.)

      I'd also like to have a review of the new Craig Yoe book in the issue, too. (Or multiple reviews, like we had for the Human Torch/Hulk comic.)

      I have several illos on hand that I can use in future issues of DM (Tom Ahearn alone has provided illos of the Hulk, Dr. Strange, Star Guider, Captain Atom, etc.) but no articles to go with them. So, if anyone feels like contributing just let me know. You can email me at robimes@... (or robimes AT yahoo DOT com). Thanks!

      I'd like to get the issue out by mid-September, but we'll see...

      Rob Imes
      DITKOMANIA editor/publisher
    • Brian Hayes
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2012
        Hi Rob,

        I'm toying with the idea of a drawing of the Amazing Fantasy 15 cover with
        Speedball in place of Spider-Man. Would you be interested in that if I could
        get it to you next weekend?

        Thanks,
        Brian

        On Sat, 01 Sep 2012 11:18:51 -0000
        "robimes" <robimes@...> wrote:
[...]

      • Jason Sacks
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2012
          I can write a review of the new Yoe book for the next issue. In fact I'm writing a review of it for Comics Bulletin right now, so I can revise and lengthen the article to make it a better fit for your zine.

          Jason
        • Robert Beerbohm
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2012
            Interest is a printed text version Goodman VS Ditko & Kirby for your next issue?
            What is here could be edited down, toned down in parts, other side shows deleted,
            and other aspects expanded upon. Visual aid could be your choice,
            we could ask the un-named as yet long time Marvel staffer quoted at length at the end if it is OK,
            person could remain anon or revealed, that person's choice.

            many of my friends have informed me it is the most succinct tale of what happened then they have read,
            most of my friends shun the flame war lime light.

            which leads one to this URL:

            My blog I am working on getting launched for real soon.

            I enjoy the zine, at some point will begin collecting previous issues that the ones i have gotten since i began my sub

            best
            bob

            --
            -- since 1966 --
            Robert Beerbohm Comic Art

          • cpg_shadow@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 2, 2012

              Rob,

              I'm currently reading through the the Marvel Visionaries: Steve Ditko from 2006...

              I don't recall...have you already had a review of it in Ditkomania?

              If not I can put one together and have it for you in a couple of days...

              Let me know if you'd be interested...

               Stephan (Shadow)

              Senior Administrator

              www.comicspriceguide.com

[...]

            • Michael T. Gilbert
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 5, 2012
              Hi Rob!

              I was looking over some of my old Alter Ego articles, and found this one related to Mr. Ditko. You're welcome to reprint it if you wish in this or later issues.

              Best wishes,

              Michael T.

              Message 7 of 7 , Sep 14, 2012
                Hi Rob,

                On Monday I sent you my Speedball Amazing Fantasy drawing but I sent it
                directly to your email and not through the DM group and I've been worrying
                that it landed in your spam file?