Re: Ditko Omnibus v1

  • barryprl
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 6, 2011
      Amazon sent me an email saying that delivery will be tomorrow, Wednesday.
    • Allen Smith
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 6, 2011
        A shame that DC doesn't do all that many artist oriented omniboo.  I'd enjoy a Mort Meskin/Jerry Robinson Omnibus, as well as an Alex Toth one.  And Gil Kane and Infantino, for that matter.

             Allen Smith

        Amazon sent me an email saying that delivery will be tomorrow, Wednesday.

      • Mark Clegg
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 6, 2011

          I know Mark Chiarello has been stumping for a Toth collection for a long time, so far to no avail.

          mc

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 6, 2011
            If sales on character based or title based omniboo have slowed, perhaps featuring the work of various artists could give the reprint line a bit of a bump.

                 Allen Smith

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 6, 2011
              Yes, the Kirby, and specially the Ditko Omnibusses, gives one hope that the market will reward a Toth Omnibus. I'd also love to see a Nino Omnibus.

              mc

              On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 1:54 PM, Allen Smith <metron12001@...> wrote:

              If sales on character based or title based omniboo have slowed, perhaps featuring the work of various artists could give the reprint line a bit of a bump.

                   Allen Smith

              Amazon sent me an email saying that delivery will be tomorrow, Wednesday.

            • Bob Bailey
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 6, 2011

                I would love to get a collection of Toth's Green Lantern, Johnny Thunder, Rip Hunter, Eclipso and all his later mystery stories.

                Bob

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 7, 2011
                  Omnibus came today. It's 450 pages on white, inexpensive paper.

                  Sadly, it is not the height and width of the Green Lantern Omnibus, but is the same size as a DC Archive edition.
                • Jim Salicrup
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 7, 2011

                    I picked up a copy last week, and was surprised that some of the art restoration seemed a little poor. Mainly I saw this in some of the Wood-inked stories. I’m surprised that the art would need to be restored in the first place—Marvel and DC were certainly keeping files to reprint from at the time these stories were created. Or maybe I’m imagining things—has anyone compared the Wood-inked stories to the original comicbooks?

                    On a far nit-pickier note, I was also surprised that the folks putting this 450-Page Ditko Package together didn’t heed top letterer Todd Klein’s criticism of their CREEPER volume—mainly that on the contents and copyright page, the computer lettering is rife with serifs on the letter I in many places where it doesn’t belong. I don’t have the link handy—but check out Todd’s site to see what I’m talking about.

                    Jim