Re: [ditkomania] Re: Ditko podcast

  • Bruce Buchanan
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2010
      I listened to a couple of these last week and enjoyed them. It's always nice to hear fellow fans discussing the legendary Steve Ditko!

      Bruce

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 11, 2010
        I'm glad you clarified the issue about the Green Goblin, Nick. That's got to be one of comic's most long-running fallacies.

        In other Ditko podcast news, a year so ago I contacted the host of the Talk Objectivism, Jason Mosley. I shared with him the fact that Steve Ditko, co-creator of Spider-Man, was an Objectivist, and gave some background info on Ditko's career. I suggested that perhaps his listeners would be interested in hearing about the substantial role a fellow Objectivist has had in one of the world's great icons, but also more importantly how Steve's beliefs have always shaped his professional work.

        Jason agreed to have me host a roundtable on his show. I contacted my friend Mort Todd (whose work with Ditko in the 80s and 90s is known to Ditko fans) and Blake Bell. I had actually interviewed Blake myself when I was hosting my own internet radio show, PLANET COMIC BOOK RADIO. (That interview, by the way, will be re-posted one day. We had the website hacked into, and had to take the whole site down. I've been trying to find the time to once again load up every episode!).

        Here's the link to the Talk Objectivism Steve Ditko roundtable. Featuring myself, Blake Bell and Mort Todd, as well as TA host Jason Mosley and co-host Arthur. http://tinyurl.com/yjcpw5l (Scroll down to Episode #072. Episode #071 is an interview with me the week before, just filling in the listeners about Steve Ditko and my thoughts on him and his work).

        Javier

        --- In ditkomania@yahoogroups.com, "nick" <caputon66@...> wrote:

        > You can find a four part podcast/discussion on Steve Ditko here:
        >
        > http://www.collectedcomicslibrary.com/ccl-podcast-256-steve-ditko-part-1-marvel-comics-1956-1966/
        >
        > While it is nice to hear someone discussing an overview of Ditko's work, including promoting his independent comics with Robin Snyder, it is also unfortunate that the author again propogated the urban myth of Lee and Ditko arguing over the ID of the Green Goblin. I responded to this, as you can read in the comment section of part one.
        >
        > Nick C.

      • Allen Smith
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 11, 2010
          Thanks much for the link, Javier.

               Al

          I'm glad you clarified the issue about the Green Goblin, Nick. That's got to be one of comic's most long-running fallacies.

          In other Ditko podcast news, a year so ago I contacted the host of the Talk Objectivism, Jason Mosley. I shared with him the fact that Steve Ditko, co-creator of Spider-Man, was an Objectivist, and gave some background info on Ditko's career. I suggested that perhaps his listeners would be interested in hearing about the substantial role a fellow Objectivist has had in one of the world's great icons, but also more importantly how Steve's beliefs have always shaped his professional work.

          Jason agreed to have me host a roundtable on his show. I contacted my friend Mort Todd (whose work with Ditko in the 80s and 90s is known to Ditko fans) and Blake Bell. I had actually interviewed Blake myself when I was hosting my own internet radio show, PLANET COMIC BOOK RADIO. (That interview, by the way, will be re-posted one day. We had the website hacked into, and had to take the whole site down. I've been trying to find the time to once again load up every episode!).

          Here's the link to the Talk Objectivism Steve Ditko roundtable. Featuring myself, Blake Bell and Mort Todd, as well as TA host Jason Mosley and co-host Arthur. http://tinyurl. com/yjcpw5l (Scroll down to Episode #072. Episode #071 is an interview with me the week before, just filling in the listeners about Steve Ditko and my thoughts on him and his work).

          Javier

          --- In ditkomania@yahoogro ups.com, "nick" <caputon66@. ..> wrote:

          > You can find a four part podcast/discussion on Steve Ditko here:
          >
          > http://www.collecte dcomicslibrary. com/ccl-podcast- 256-steve- ditko-part- 1-marvel- comics-1956- 1966/
          >
          > While it is nice to hear someone discussing an overview of Ditko's work, including promoting his independent comics with Robin Snyder, it is also unfortunate that the author again propogated the urban myth of Lee and Ditko arguing over the ID of the Green Goblin. I responded to this, as you can read in the comment section of part one.
          >
          > Nick C.

        • Javier Hernandez
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 11, 2010
            Sure Allen, you're welcome. Hearing Mort Todd, a colleague of Ditko, a friend really, and Blake Bell discuss Ditko was really interesting. I was pretty much there as the 'eternal fan', but with the podcast hosts adding their perspective as Objectivists, it made for a really interesting discussion of Steve Ditko.

            Javier