It's Steve Ditko Week!

  • Craig Yoe
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2010

      It's Steve Ditko Week over at The ITCH Blog (The International Team of Comics Historians).  Full Ditko stories previews from the new book :The Art of Ditko", links, music by D.J. David B., A special Wacky Wonder Woman Wednesday by Ditko, a video and much more! Click on: http://superitch.com

      Thursday, Craig Yoe, the author of "The Art of Ditko", will interview Faux Ditko with special guest Faux Stan Lee at MoCCA, The Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art on 594 Broadway Suite 401 in NYC at 7:00. $5 admission, free to MoCCA members. Ditko and Lee will be played by celebrity impersonators.

      Spread the word!

      .

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2010
        I visited our link. With respect to "The 9th Life", You state: "I think Ditko wrote this himself with the story's Ann Randian overtones."

        Ditko published this work in his own collection of Charlton stories. In that book Joe Gill is credited as the writer.

        Your call your blog "The International Team of Comics Historians," indicating to me a claim of some level of scholarship. I think you fail your readers by stating your "belief", contradicting Ditko, without giving any reasoning or facts.

        -- Mike D

        PS: I am sure you know that the author is Ayn, not Ann, Rand.

        --- In ditkomania@yahoogroups.com, Craig Yoe <craigyoe@...> wrote:

        > It's Steve Ditko Week over at The ITCH Blog (The International Team of Comics Historians). Full Ditko stories previews from the new book :The Art of Ditko", links, music by D.J. David B., A special Wacky Wonder Woman Wednesday by Ditko, a video and much more! Click on: http://superitch.com
        >
        > Thursday, Craig Yoe, the author of "The Art of Ditko", will interview Faux Ditko with special guest Faux Stan Lee at MoCCA, The Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art on 594 Broadway Suite 401 in NYC at 7:00. $5 admission, free to MoCCA members. Ditko and Lee will be played by celebrity impersonators.
        >
        > Spread the word!
        > .

      • kirby_weblog
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2010
          --- In ditkomania@yahoogroups.com, Craig Yoe <craigyoe@...> wrote:
          > Thursday, Craig Yoe, the author of "The Art of Ditko", will interview
          >Faux Ditko with special guest Faux Stan Lee
          >Ditko and Lee will be played by celebrity impersonators.

          If the actor playing Ditko is going for realism, is he going to decline to be interviewed? Or is he going to play Ditko circa 1965, and conduct the interview by mail?

          Bob
        • Craig Yoe
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2010
            hi mike--scholarship sometimes means looking past face value--and credits. there are plenty of comics credited to artists or writers who never even touched the material. gill may or may not have a hand in the script or dialogue. i stand by my belief that ditko wrote this story. i could be wrong--i have been before. thanks for writing.--craig

            I visited our link. With respect to "The 9th Life", You state: "I think Ditko wrote this himself with the story's Ann Randian overtones."

            Ditko published this work in his own collection of Charlton stories. In that book Joe Gill is credited as the writer.

            Your call your blog "The International Team of Comics Historians," indicating to me a claim of some level of scholarship. I think you fail your readers by stating your "belief", contradicting Ditko, without giving any reasoning or facts.

            -- Mike D

            PS: I am sure you know that the author is Ayn, not Ann, Rand.

            --- In ditkomania@yahoogro ups.com, Craig Yoe <craigyoe@.. .> wrote:

            > It's Steve Ditko Week over at The ITCH Blog (The International Team of Comics Historians). Full Ditko stories previews from the new book :The Art of Ditko", links, music by D.J. David B., A special Wacky Wonder Woman Wednesday by Ditko, a video and much more! Click on: http://superitch. com
            >
            > Thursday, Craig Yoe, the author of "The Art of Ditko", will interview Faux Ditko with special guest Faux Stan Lee at MoCCA, The Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art on 594 Broadway Suite 401 in NYC at 7:00. $5 admission, free to MoCCA members. Ditko and Lee will be played by celebrity impersonators.
            >
            > Spread the word!
            > .

          • kirby_weblog
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1, 2010
              I have to agree with Mike there, especially since in the actual book you state that the story "was written by Ditko himself", not just that you believe it was. Mike's evidence, that when Ditko co-published a reprint of the story he chose to credit Gill, when he could easily have taken the credit himself if he was the writer, is pretty compelling.

              Bob