Re: [ditkomania] Re: Ditko returns to Big Hollywood

  • Rob Imes
    Message 1 of 48 , Sep 1, 2009
      Nice review, Thom!  If I bought any of the new Red Circle comics, it would probably be The Shield -- I used to buy "The Original Shield" comic that Archie published in 1984, drawn by Dick Ayers -- but what I've seen of the new DC versions of the Archie superheroes doesn't appeal to me.

      Rob

      From: Allen Smith <metron12001@ yahoo.com>
      To: ditkomania@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Monday, August 31, 2009, 6:08 PM

      No, I intended to say the opposite, that while others sometimes just do a review of Ditko's life in discussing him, you guys did some analysis of the material, or a "review" if you wish.
      And not just a review in the sense that you said, this was good.  So, get started on that book.

           Allen Smith

      From: Allen Smith <metron12001@ yahoo.com>
      To: ditkomania@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Monday, August 31, 2009, 5:38 PM

      So, when can we expect a book from you and Thom analyzing Ditko's work, as opposed to just giving a chronological history of Ditko?  Ditkophiles are waiting.

           Allen Smith

      Message 48 of 48 , Sep 11, 2009
        Jason, I'd love to write something for Comics Bulletin. A couple of ideas are The Invaders (one of my favorite comics of the 1970s) as well as the "I...Vampire" stories from House of Mystery. I don't think either run has been explored very much.

        Thanks,