odd request

  • writergeek2006
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2012
      Hi,

      I am sorry to see the group is defunct, but as I know I've been a non-participant since I joined I would say I contributed to the demise. Life intruded just as I was starting on the DITA journey.

      I have an odd request. I'm looking for a personal tutor in the Burlington MA area to help quickly bring me up to speed on certain aspects of transitioning to DITA. A lot is riding on a few key aspects of a deployment getting done ASAP and I'm not in a good position to endure a lot of stress right now.

      If anyone can use some extra money and wants to throw out a life preserver, I'd appreciate it. I need someone who has experience with DITA OT, FrameMaker, and XMetal who can help shortcut me to solutions and review my work to make sure I'm not messing up. I'll provide details to any responders.

      Ideally, we'd meet in Burlington once or twice a week (at least to start) and we could also work together online. The tutoring would probably last 3 or 4 weeks with possibility of extension if I turn out to be slow on the uptake. ;>)

      I'm not looking for someone to do the work for me, I'm looking for guidance in how to do it myself without struggling through hours of research through forums etc. Time is short....

      Thanks for your attention! Oh and please include information about the fees you charge in your response. Thank you.