Meeting Wednesday April 25: DITA OT case study

  • john_hunt@us.ibm.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19, 2012
      Hi everybody,

      Our next meeting will be Wednesday April 28 at 5:30.

      For folks in the Boston area, we'll be hosting the meeting at the IBM Littleton Lab, 550 King Street, Littleton, MA. This location is just off Rte 495 at Exit 31. Immediately after the meeting, we'll be heading off to nearby Kimball Farms for our first Ice Cream of the season!

      If you can't attend in person, check this space for more info from Julio on attending virtually. (But you can't get any ice cream if you do that.)

      The topic this month is "A day-in-the-life with the DITA Open Toolkit," including hands-on use of the toolkit to produce custom outputs for the DITA 1.2 Learning and Training specialization content.

      Your's truly, John Hunt, is the presenter. I work at IBM and currently go by the work title of Senior Technical Content Architect in the User Experience team for IBM Collaboration Solutions. I have 20+ years experience in information development, including deep background in user assistance and content management strategies. I'm a charter member of the DITA architects workgroup at IBM and chair the OASIS sub-committee that developed the DITA 1.2 Learning and Training content specialization.

      Thanks, and hope to see you next Wednesday.

      John

      John P. Hunt
      Senior Technical Content Architect
      IBM Collaboration Solutions | User Experience: Design and Information Excellence
      john_hunt@... | 978.899.2394; t/l 276.2394

      Join our community | Team blog | Product Wikis

      550 King Street
      Littleton, MA 01460
      USA

    • john_hunt@us.ibm.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 19, 2012
        Just to be sure, the meeting will be on Wednesday, April 25!

        From:        John Hunt/Cambridge/IBM
        To:        ditabug@yahoogroups.com
        Cc:        juliov27612 <jvazquez@...>
        Date:        04/19/2012 03:46 PM
        Subject:        Meeting Wednesday April 25: DITA OT case study

        Hi everybody,

        Our next meeting will be Wednesday April 25 at 5:30.

[...]

      • Robert D Anderson
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 23, 2012
        • 1 Attachment
        • 2 KB
        Reminder - anybody that wishes to join us for the on-site DITABUG meeting
        at IBM in Littleton -- and/or the follow-on trip down the road to the ice
        cream stand -- please let us know so that we'll be on the lookout for you
        at the IBM entrance.

        Thanks!

        Robert D Anderson
        IBM Authoring Tools Development
        Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit (http://dita-ot.sourceforge.net/)

        From: John Hunt/Cambridge/IBM@Lotus
        Cc: ditabug@yahoogroups.com, juliov27612 <jvazquez@...>
        Date: 04/19/2012 16:14
        Subject: [ditabug] Re: Meeting Wednesday April 25: DITA OT case study
        Sent by: ditabug@yahoogroups.com

        Just to be sure, the meeting will be on Wednesday, April 25!

        From: John Hunt/Cambridge/IBM
        To: ditabug@yahoogroups.com
        Cc: juliov27612 <jvazquez@...>
        Date: 04/19/2012 03:46 PM

[...]

        John P. Hunt (Embedded
        Senior Technical Content Architect 550 King image moved
        IBM Collaboration Solutions | User Experience: Street to file:
        Design and Information Excellence Littleton, pic28851.jpg)
        john_hunt@... | 978.899.2394; t/l MA 01460
        276.2394 USA
        Join our community | Team blog | Product Wikis