Meeting Wednesday March 28: Publishing in the DITA-OT

  • Robert D Anderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2012
      Hi everybody,

      Our next meeting will be Wednesday March 28 at 5:30. If folks in the Boston
      area are interested in meeting at the IBM location in Littleton, please let
      me know so we can reserve a room; otherwise, you can attend virtually
      together with the RTP user group by registering here:
      https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/984688510

      The topic this month is an overview of publishing in the DITA Open Toolkit.

      Abstract
      The DITA Open Toolkit is a free, open source implementation of the DITA
      standard that allows you to publish DITA to other formats. The toolkit is
      available as a standalone tool, but is also shipped under the covers of
      many popular DITA products. This talk will cover the basics of publishing
      in the toolkit, from download and install through running a demo and on to
      creating your own build scripts. We'll finish off with a (very) brief
      overview about extending the toolkit with plug-ins to customize the output,
      and allow plenty of time for Q&A. If you have any OT publishing topics
      you'd like me to focus on, feel free to send a note in advance.

      About the presenter
      Robert D Anderson has been working with DITA publishing tools at IBM from
      the early days of DITA's existence as a beta program. He is the lead
      architect for the DITA Open Toolkit, as well as co-editor of the DITA 1.1
      and 1.2 specifications at OASIS. Robert also maintains the Music of DITA
      Project, which includes a DITA-OT plug-in for specialized DITA topic types
      that can be used to describe a complete library of music.

      Robert D Anderson
      IBM Authoring Tools Development
      Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit (http://dita-ot.sourceforge.net/)