Job at SDL in Wakefield, MA
SDL is seeking an experienced Technical Writer to join the Structured Content Technologies team in Wakefield, MA. The innovative products developed by this team provide content publishing and delivery solutions for global businesses. You will experience the benefits of using the products you’ll be developing and delivering content for as a member of the technical publications group. Experience with DITA, XML authoring tools, component content management systems and dynamic publishing applications will give you a distinct advantage when applying for this position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Write and revise content for on-line and PDF publications
- Clearly explain moderately complex concepts. Publication audience consists of end-users and developers so the ability to understand our products and write for all levels is required
- Actively participate in an Agile/SCRUM product development process. Work closely with product team members from product management, engineering, quality assurance and customer support throughout the publication draft, review and delivery process.
- Develop and communicate documentation plans and schedules
- Resolve documentation and project issues independently and raise issues when appropriate
- Installation, upgrade and configuration of software in support of developing content and when required in support of the documentation production environment.
Qualifications: The successful candidate must be a skilled writer and have demonstrated the ability to learn technical aspects of software products. Strong interpersonal communications skills are required. A Bachelors degree (or equivalent) and a minimum of 3 years as a technical writer in a software environment are required.
Must have experience with the following:
- Publishing applications
- Content Management applications
- XML Editorial applications
- Creating and maintaining On-Line Help using industry standard applications
Must have knowledge of the following:
- Windows, Unix and Linux platforms
- Databases (Oracle or SQL Server)
To apply, go to https://sdl.tms.hrdepartment.com/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=2129&lcid=en-UK
Kristen James Eberlein l DITA Architect and Technical Specialist l SDL Structured Content Technologies Division l (t) + 1 (919) 682-2290 l keberlein@...
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail