RE: [dita-users] Re: Specialization: wholes in class attribute

  • ext-auriel.n.manolson@nokia.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 8, 2004
      Thanks again Erik.

      I think this pretty much clears everything up, and I believe you are pretty clear when you say...

      > For that reason, in current DITA, an element name has to be unique
      > across all specialization modules (aka packages) that are in the
      > vocabulary including base module dependencies.
      > So, you'd need to have something like
      > "+ packX/xSection packY/ySection "
      > where x and y are disambiguating prefixes for the section element.

      ... but I just want to make 100% sure we are talking about the element itself being called ySection, not just the class attribute, correct?

      best regards,
      Auriel Manolson.
    • ehennum5
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 8, 2004
        Hi, Ariel:

        Thanks for driving the conversation toward precision.

        In particular...

        --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, <ext-auriel.n.manolson@n...> wrote:
        > ... but I just want to make 100% sure we are talking about the
        element itself being called ySection, not just the class attribute,
        correct?

        Yes. When expressed in the packY specialization module, the document
        instance (including the defaulted class attribute) would resemble

        <ySection class="+ topic/section packX/xSection packY/ySection ">
        </ySection>

        When generalized to the packX specialization module, the document
        instance would resemble

        <xSection class="+ topic/section packX/xSection packY/ySection ">
        </xSection>

        When generalized to base topic:

        <section class="+ topic/section packX/xSection packY/ySection ">
        </section>

        A footnote -- I added the topic/section element because all
        specialized elements have to have an element in the topic module as
        their ultimate ancestor.

        Hoping that's confirmational,

        Erik Hennum