xref to conref target or within conref target does not work?

  • Chris Kravogel
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2006
      In my documentation I have a couple of cases where I need a link into
      an element within a conrefed table. And inside of this conref table I
      have tablenotes which are in the last row of this table, and I have
      several links pointing from inside this table to this tablenote list.

      During the PDF rendering process or actually in the preprocessing all
      the IDs inside of the conrefed table are getting changed, but the
      links to them not. So all xref's get broken.

      Is that a bug in the prepocess stylesheet or have I done something
      wrong?

      Best regards

      Chris
    • Robert D Anderson
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2006
        Hi Chris -

        The IDs are changed to ensure that you do not create duplicate IDs by
        pulling in other content. My understanding is that the IDs should not
        change if they do not actually create a conflict, which means your setup
        should be possible. However, the technical issues are pretty tricky, so
        nobody has tried to implement that logic. If you open a bug report on
        sourceforge, that will make sure that it gets a little more attention.

        Thanks-

        Robert D Anderson
        IBM Authoring Tools Development
        Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit