Silicon Valley DITA SIG - November meeting

  • Scott Prentice
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 30, 2006
      The November meeting of the Silicon Valley DITA SIG is scheduled for
      Wednesday, November 8 at 7:00pm at NetAppliance in Sunnyvale, CA.

      Speaker: Fred Lass, a Senior Solutions Architect at Astoria Software.
      Topic: Enhancing the management of your DITA content with a Content
      Management System.

      Agenda:
      7:00-7:30 Pizza & Mingling
      7:30-8:30 Presentation and discussion
      8:30-9:00 Wrap up

      Please RSVP to James Hom by November 7 at <james.hom@...> if
      you're planning to attend. We need the list of all attendees ahead of
      time for security reasons.

      Directions: http://svdig.ditamap.com/location/

      NetAppliance
      495 E. Java Drive
      Bldg 3, Santa Cruz conference room
      Sunnyvale, CA 94089
      main operator: 408-822-6000

      Meet at 7:00PM in the lobby to be escorted in. James Hom will be our
      official NetAppliance escort.

      Food: NetApp is providing pizzas from Round Table (Thanks NetApp!).

      For more information or to download past presentations visit
      http://svdig.ditamap.com/
    • Scott Prentice
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 8, 2007
        The November meeting of the Silicon Valley DITA SIG (SVDIG) is scheduled
        for Wednesday, November 14 at 7:00pm at NetAppliance in Sunnyvale, CA.

        Topic: Customizing the output of the Open Toolkit
        Speaker: Robert Anderson, IBM Authoring Tools Development, Chief
        Architect, DITA Open Toolkit (presenting remotely)

        Please RSVP to Scott Prentice by November 13 at <sp@...> if

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008
          The November meeting of the Silicon Valley DITA Interest Group (SVDIG)
          is scheduled for Wednesday, November 12 at 7:00pm at NetApp in
          Sunnyvale, CA.

          Topic: All about the <shortdesc> element!

          Speakers: Michelle Carey and Shannon Rouiller, Technical editors at IBM

          Agenda:
          7:00-7:30 Pizza & Mingling
          7:30-8:30 Discussion
          8:30-9:00 Wrap up

          Please RSVP to Scott Prentice by November 11 at <sp@...> if
          you're planning to attend. We need the list of all attendees ahead of
          time for security reasons.

          Directions: http://svdig.ditamap.com/location/

          NetApp
          495 E. Java Drive
          Bldg 3, Santa Cruz conference room
          Sunnyvale, CA 94089
          main operator: 408-822-6000

          Meet at 7:00PM in the lobby to be escorted in. James Hom will be our
          official NetApp escort.

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2009
            The November meeting of the Silicon Valley DITA Interest Group (SVDIG)
            is scheduled for Wednesday, November 11 at 7:00pm at NetApp in
            Sunnyvale, CA.

            Topic: DITA and Eclipse Help: Various Perspectives

            Speakers: Brenda Oakley, Information Architect at Citrix; Laura
            Bellamy, Information Architect at VMWare; Mel Kiyama, IBM.

            » Brenda (presenting remotely from Florida) plans to demo their build
            process as well as give us a tour of their infocenter deliverables. Then
            she will discuss the business case for moving to Eclipse Help and the
            pros/cons of that process. Laura will talk about VMWare's plans for this
            technology, and Mel will be able to give us some implementation details
            around setting up the standalone Eclipse Help viewer as well as other
            technical issues.

            Agenda:
            7:00-7:15 Mingling
            7:15-8:30 Presentation
            8:30-9:00 Wrap up

            Please RSVP to Scott Prentice by ** 3PM November 10 ** at
            <sp@...> if you're planning to attend. We need the list of
            all attendees ahead of time for security reasons. If you RSVP late,
            you'll need to arrive early (by 6:45) so a badge can be printed for you
            by NetApp security.

            Directions: http://svdig.ditamap.com/bldg4-location.html

            NetApp
            Building 4 / Aragorn room
            1330 Geneva Drive, Sunnyvale, CA 94089
            main operator: 408-822-6000

            Meet at 7:00PM in the lobby to be escorted in. James Hom will be our
            official NetApp escort.

            For more information or to download past presentations visit
            http://svdig.ditamap.com/
          • Patrick Quinlan
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 4, 2009
              Hi folks,

              DITA 1.1 bookmap with DITA 1.4 OT

              I’m trying to create an additional front matter page in the PDF output that we can tell our vendor to print on cardstock, essentially automating the book’s cover in addition to the title page. The text for this page is identical to the title page, but the styling needs to be different. This is the approach I’m trying to use:

              1. Leave the title page how it is for the time being.
              2. Duplicate the content that appears on the title page on the next odd page.
              3. Change the look of the first page by applying new attribute sets.

              Unfortunately, I’ve only been able to accomplish step 1. :-)

              I’ve tried editing the createFrontMatter template by duplicating the relevant blocks in the flow, which resulted in duplicated text in the output. But I need that text to appear on the next odd page, and when I tried adding a break, the duplicated text did not appear.

              Can someone help me get started looking in the right place? Do I need to look more places than layout-masters.xsl, front-matter.xsl, and front-matter-attr.xsl?

              Thank you,
              Patrick

              <xsl:template name="createFrontMatter">
              <fo:page-sequence master-reference="front-matter" format="i" xsl:use-attribute-sets="__force__page__count">
              <xsl:call-template name="insertFrontMatterStaticContents"/>
              <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
              <fo:block xsl:use-attribute-sets="__frontmatter">
              <!-- set the title -->
              <fo:block xsl:use-attribute-sets="__frontmatter__title">
              <xsl:choose>
              <xsl:when test="//*[contains(@class,' bkinfo/bkinfo ')][1]">
              <xsl:apply-templates select="//*[contains(@class,' bkinfo/bkinfo ')][1]/*[contains(@class,' topic/title ')]/node()"/>
              </xsl:when>
              <xsl:when test="//*[contains(@class, ' map/map ')]/@title">
              <xsl:value-of select="//*[contains(@class, ' map/map ')]/@title"/>
              </xsl:when>
              <xsl:otherwise>
              <xsl:value-of select="/descendant::*[contains(@class, ' topic/topic ')][1]/*[contains(@class, ' topic/title ')]"/>
              </xsl:otherwise>
              </xsl:choose>
              </fo:block>

              <!-- set the subtitle -->
              <xsl:apply-templates select="//*[contains(@class,' bkinfo/bkinfo ')][1]/*[contains(@class,' bkinfo/bktitlealts ')]/*[contains(@class,' bkinfo/bksubtitle ')]"/>

              <!--break--><fo:block xsl:use-attribute-sets="__frontmatter__owner" break-after="odd-page">
              <xsl:choose>
              <xsl:when test="//*[contains(@class,' bkinfo/bkowner ')]">
              <xsl:apply-templates select="//*[contains(@class,' bkinfo/bkowner ')]"/>
              </xsl:when>
              <xsl:otherwise>
              <xsl:apply-templates select="$map/*[contains(@class, ' map/topicmeta ')]"/>
              </xsl:otherwise>
              </xsl:choose>
              </fo:block>

              <!-- duplicated frontmatter text -->
[...]

              <!-- end duplicated text -->

              </fo:block>

              <xsl:call-template name="processCopyrigth"/>

              </fo:flow>
              </fo:page-sequence>
              </xsl:template>
            • Scott Prentice
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 6, 2010
                The November meeting of the Silicon Valley DITA Interest Group (SVDIG)
                is scheduled for Wednesday, November 10 at 7:00pm at Dell KACE in
                Mountain View, CA.

                *** NOTE NEW MEETING LOCATION ***

                Topic: Start Thinking Like a CCO (Chief Content Officer): Understanding
                the Corporate Value of Content Management

                Speakers: Cynthia Canino and Tim Bombosch of Astoria Software

                - Please visit our website for detailed topic and speaker bio
                information .. http://svdig.ditamap.com/next-meeting

                Agenda:
                7:00-7:15 Mingling
                7:15-8:30 Presentation
                8:30-9:00 Wrap up

                If you're planning to attend please RSVP to Scott Prentice by ** 3PM
                Nov. 9 ** at <sp10@...>. We need the list of all attendees
                ahead of time for security reasons.

                Meeting details: http://svdig.ditamap.com/next-meeting

                Dell KACE
                1981 Landings Drive
                Mountain View, CA 94043
                (see the website for directions and additional information)

                Meet at 7:00PM in the lobby to be escorted in. Pam Wonson will be our
                official Dell KACE escort.