Specialization Error - Filter - I think i found a bug

  • Ricardo Mattiazzi
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006
      Hi all.

      Can someone try this out:

      Im making some specializations for my company, and i got to a problem:

      When i try to use this:
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      <!ENTITY DTDVersion 'V1.1.3' >

      <!-- ============ Specialization of declared elements ============ -->

      <!ENTITY % copyrightf-info-types "%info-types;">

      <!ENTITY % copyrightf "copyrightf" >

      <!ENTITY included-domains "">

      <!ELEMENT copyrightf ((%p;)*)>
      <!ATTLIST copyrightf id ID #REQUIRED
      conref CDATA #IMPLIED
      %select-atts;
      outputclass CDATA #IMPLIED
      xml:lang NMTOKEN #IMPLIED

      <!--specialization attributes-->

      <!ATTLIST copyrightf %global-atts; class CDATA "- topic/topic
      copyrightf/copyrightf ">
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      I got:

      C:\ditaot\pretargets.xml:51: [DOTJ022F][FATAL] Failed to parse the
      input file 'copyr.xml' due to all of its content has been filtered
      out. Please check the input file 'copyr.xml' and the ditaval file, and
      ensure that the input is valid.
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      but, now, if i change the last line, from topic/topic to topic/title,
      it works fine.
      So, if i use:
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      <!ENTITY DTDVersion 'V1.1.3' >

      <!-- ============ Specialization of declared elements ============ -->

      <!ENTITY % copyrightf-info-types "%info-types;">

      <!ENTITY % copyrightf "copyrightf" >

      <!ENTITY included-domains "">

      <!ELEMENT copyrightf ((%p;)*)>
      <!ATTLIST copyrightf id ID #REQUIRED
      conref CDATA #IMPLIED
      %select-atts;
      outputclass CDATA #IMPLIED
      xml:lang NMTOKEN #IMPLIED

      <!--specialization attributes-->

      <!ATTLIST copyrightf %global-atts; class CDATA "- topic/title
      copyrightf/copyrightf ">

      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Can someone try this out for me and point me if im doing somethign wrong ?

      Thanks in advance for any help.

      --
      Ladraum,
      Ricardo Mattiazzi Baumgartner
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006
        What does your input XML file look like? Does it begin with <copyrightf> and end with </copyrightf>? Looks like your copyrightf can contain only paragraphs. I think I title is required for a topic specialization, so you might want to change your element declaration to something like:

        <!ELEMENT copyrightf       ((%title;), (%p;)*, (%shortdesc;)?)>

        Paul Masalsky
        EMC

        Paul Masalsky - paulmasalsky@...

      • Ricardo Mattiazzi
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006
          I dont want a title. The point i want to show with that files is that, if i change the specialization atributes, i doesnt work. And i dont want to use it as a title, i want to use it as a topic (topic/topic). But it only work if i set it to title (topic/title), it doesnt work if i set it to topic or body(topic/body).

          On 9/1/06, Paul Masalsky <paulmasalsky@...> wrote:

[...]

          How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

          --
          Ladraum, vulgo
          Ricardo Mattiazzi Baumgartner
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
            --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, "Ricardo Mattiazzi" <ladraum@...> wrote:
            > I dont want a title.

            You're not allowed to not want a title. :)

            Seriously, you must always be able to turn a structural specialization back into the base, in
            this case, topic, and have the topic be valid. Since topics insist on titles, so must your
            specialization. This is one of the core properties of the DITA architecture, so it might be that
            your breaking that assumption leads to an error during processing (albeit an odd one in this
            case).