Re: [dita-users] Re: Nesting ditamaps

  • Jeremy H. Griffith
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 2, 2013
      On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 15:48:36 -0700, Mark Giffin <m1879@...> wrote:

      >Hey Jeremy, can you automate the PDF output using Dita2Go? If so how? Or
      >do you need to manually pull it into Word and manually make the PDF? Or
      >write VBA macros?

      It's fully automated. You just have to add the VBA
      macro we provide, per the docs, and run. The RTF
      is loaded in Word, fields updated (to get correct
      pagination), saved as .doc (or .docx, if you prefer),
      and then the PDF is produced using Word's PDFMaker.
      Whole process, two clicks in the Project Manager GUI.
      Full details in the User's Guide, par. 15.1.5,
      "Producing PDF automatically via Word".

      You can also do it from the command line, as part
      of a nightly build process. Some of our Fortune 50
      customers do it that way.

      Note that if you are on a 64-bit system, you must
      still install the 32-bit version of Word, as there
      is a Word bug that disables PDFMaker in 64-bit Office.
      The 32-bit Office works fine on Win 7 64-bit.

      HTH!

      -- Jeremy H. Griffith <jeremy@...>
      DITA2Go site: http://www.dita2go.com/