Re: [dita-users] Is there a CALS table validator?

  • Nigel Whitaker
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 31 4:48 AM
      Hi Matt,

      This took a few days because we discovered a hole in our implementation, the example was interesting.
      It's now fixed and I've put the error message produced at the offending location:

      On 24 Jul 2013, at 17:35, matt_kaatman <mkaatman@...> wrote:

      That sounds great Nigel. This will be a huge benefit to everyone.

      Out of curiosity, would you mind running it against this table as well?

      <title>Broken Table</title>
      <tgroup cols="12">

      <colspec colnum="1" colname="col1" />
      <colspec colnum="2" colname="col2" />
      <tbody>
      <row>
      <entry colname="col1">Test
      </entry>
      <entry colname="col2">1
      </entry>
      </row>
      <row>
      <entry colname="col2">Test
      </entry>
      <entry colname="col1">1
      </entry>

      Entry (/article/table[2]/tgroup[1]/tbody[1]/row[2]/entry[2]) specifies a start column (column 1) which is to the left (or less than in numeric terms) of the position it would be placed by default (column 3) (if (exists(@namest) or exists(@colname)) then min(cals:entry-to-columns(.)) ge cals:get-default-col-pos(.) else true()) [assert]

      It's based on last (7th) item in the bulleted list towards the end of section 3.7.1 of the exchange spec:

      We had misinterpreted the 'placed by default' aspect, now fixed and we've also done some of the refactoring/tidying of the code to get it release ready.

      I'm hoping to get it (schematron, associated xslt, xspec and some test files) onto google-code this week.

      Cheers,

      Nigel

      --
      Nigel Whitaker, Software Architect, DeltaXML Ltd. "Experts in information change"
      nigel.whitaker@...   http://www.deltaxml.com   +44 1684 869035

    • matt_kaatman
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 31 7:46 AM
        You're the man Nigel. That's great news. Glad I could provide the most obscure example possible to break things. :)