Re: [dita-users] Re: keyref through topicref to submap?

  • Eliot Kimber
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 19 7:03 AM
      Can you show your source? I think there must be an easier way to do what
      you're doing.

      Also, out of curiosity, what tools do you use to generate renderings of the
      MathML?

      Cheers,

      E.

      On 4/19/13 8:57 AM, "mikerice126" <mike.rice@...> wrote:

      > We have mathml, and svg and png renderings of the math. We prefer to publish
      > directly from mathml when possible, and prefer vector over raster. Since our
      > publishing pipelines have varying capabilities, we're using keys to point to
      > the different generated sources of math content. We're using [ph] to normalize
      > those math snippets.
      >
      > The math key would point to mathml source for the publisher that understands
      > that, or to svg or png for less sophisticated publishers.
      >
      > Because of the number of snippets, we'd rather manage the snippets in multiple
      > topics for each rendering type, but don't want to fragment the keys (math1,
      > math2, etc.)
      >
      > Mike Rice

      Eliot Kimber
      Senior Solutions Architect, RSI Content Solutions
      Main: 512.554.9368
      www.rsicms.com
      www.rsuitecms.com
      Book: DITA For Practitioners, from XML Press,
      http://xmlpress.net/publications/dita/practitioners-1/