Re: [dita-users] Re: keyref through topicref to submap?

  • Eliot Kimber
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 19, 2013
      Actually, I think I slightly misunderstood the use case here. I still think
      D4P Variables is the best solution (and the only option in DITA 1.2) but if
      the intent is to have the same key bind to different topics, that will
      likely be possible in DITA 1.3.

      The TC is working through the details of a proposal by Chris Nitchie. In
      preparation for my talk on cross-deliverable linking I just gave at DITA
      North America, I worked up a real-world example of Chris' proposal and it
      seems to be holding together.

      So in DITA 1.3 it will likely be possible to have keys that are defined
      within specific scopes, allowing you to have unqualified references to keys
      that will be resolved within the nearest scope that defines the key, as well
      as scope-qualified references to keys from outside the scope. We're still
      working out a number of details, but there seems to be agreement on general
      functional requirements and some trend toward an agreed syntax.

      The relevant proposal is 13004, which you can find on the OASIS-managed TC
      documents area (oasis-open.org).

      Cheers,

      E.

      --
      Eliot Kimber
      Senior Solutions Architect, RSI Content Solutions
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 19, 2013
        Can you show your source? I think there must be an easier way to do what
        you're doing.

        Also, out of curiosity, what tools do you use to generate renderings of the
        MathML?

        Cheers,

        E.