Re: New DITA site on StackExchange!

  • anderszvensson
    Message 1 of 34 , Feb 1, 2013
      Have you signed up for the DITA Q&A site yet? If not, please do, it will be a great resource:

      http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/49912/dita?referrer=uU1joFvvnp2bX8e0xcsEKA2

      Besides pushing for the site, I'm also posting this to clarify what it is all about:

      The questions posted at the site are only example questions. And comments are about whether the example question would be a good one for the future live site. So they do not display the full value of the Q&A site that we would have.

      To fully appreciate the benefit of a Q&A site like this, please take a look at the following links that show how clearly you can ask a question, and receive clear answers, with pictures, colorized and indented code/source examples, a list of related questions (to the right), tags, and so on. In your profile you will also have a list of all questions you yourself have asked in a neat list for reference.

      Examples from the programmer site Stack Overflow (a site that is similar to what the new DITA Q&A site will be):

      http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3518399/xslt-1-0-grouping-and-removing-duplicate

      and

      http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8430122/xsl-splitting-table-to-new-column?rq=1

      So if you want something really useful for your work with DITA, head on over to the site and follow it, and vote for the 5 example questions you like (not for the ones that already have 10 votes, they are already qualified). Link again:

      http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/49912/dita?referrer=uU1joFvvnp2bX8e0xcsEKA2

      Regards,

      Anders
      www.expertinfo.se
    • matt_kaatman
      Message 34 of 34 , Feb 6, 2013
        Buy = purchase supported hosting.

        It's 100% GPL and one can host it on their own if you choose.
        https://github.com/discourse/discourse