Adding WMF files to DITA-OT configuration?

  • maer2712
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2013
      Hello!

      I'm using some WMF graphics along with my DITA topics, for CHM and ODT output.

      By default, the DITA-OT (1.6.2, 1.7 and other versions) doesn't copy the WMF files even if they are referenced from within the DITA files.

      As a work-around, I add "*.wmf" to ...\lib\org.dita.dost.platform\plugin.properties and make the file write-protected.

      Is there a better way to add ".wmf" to the list of allowed file name extensions?

      Thank you!
      Markus
    • Jarno Elovirta
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2013
        Create a configuration plug-in with

        <feature extension="dita.image.extensions" value=".wmf"/>

        The "dita.image.extensions" is used to build the whole graphics lis in plugin.properties.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2013
          Thank you very much, Jarno! It works. And it is much more elegant than hacking the plugin.properties file.

          Markus

          --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, Jarno Elovirta <jelovirt@...> wrote:

          > Create a configuration plug-in with
          >
          > <feature extension="dita.image.extensions" value=".wmf"/>
          > The "dita.image.extensions" is used to build the whole graphics lis in
          > plugin.properties.

          > On 2 January 2013 16:37, maer2712 <m.ernst@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Hello!
          > >
          > > I'm using some WMF graphics along with my DITA topics, for CHM and ODT
          > > output.
          > >
          > > By default, the DITA-OT (1.6.2, 1.7 and other versions) doesn't copy the
          > > WMF files even if they are referenced from within the DITA files.
          > >
          > > As a work-around, I add "*.wmf" to
          > > ...\lib\org.dita.dost.platform\plugin.properties and make the file
          > > write-protected.
          > >
          > > Is there a better way to add ".wmf" to the list of allowed file name
          > > extensions?
          > >
          > > Thank you!
          > > Markus

        • Jarno Elovirta
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2, 2013
            I just noticed that this extension point hasn't been documented. It's used by base DITA-OT plug-in to define all supported graphic extensions <https://github.com/dita-ot/dita-ot/blob/develop/src/main/plugins/org.dita.base/plugin.xml#L66>, thus this is the Right Way to do it.

            Cheers,

            Jarno