Re: [dita-users] Is there a way to include an HTML form in an xsl template?

  • TommyR
    Message 1 of 20 , May 9, 2012
      XDocs doesn't employ Ant builds.

      Sent from my iPad2

      On May 9, 2012, at 4:03 PM, Tim Sadler <chillyhat@...> wrote:

      This doesn't answer the question as posed, but for xhtml outputs it is possible to append some html at the end of each generated file using the footer parameter in the ant build file:

      <param name="args.ftr" value="your-footer.html"/>

      I've  included a bit of javascript as well, in the past.

      Rgds

      Tim

      On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 8:14 PM, RAT <thomas_rathkamp@...> wrote:
      I am trying to include the form at the bottom of each generated HTML file. I found the right template after doing an xsl:text test. Thanks.

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         dita-users-digest@yahoogroups.com
         dita-users-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      =
    • malup.dita
      Message 2 of 20 , May 10, 2012
        Hi RAT

        Simple way:
        • You can add the "footer.html" as a XML file (well formatted):

        <form action="https://publictest.wennsoft.com/WSEvolutionHelpFeedback/Feedback/Create" method="post">
        <h1>
        <strong style="font-weight: bold;">D</strong>id you find the information you need?
        </h1>
        Yes <input value="true" type="radio" name="Helpful" style="x-condition: Online;"/>
        No <input value="false" type="radio" name="Helpful" style="x-condition: Online;"/>
        <textarea name="Reason wrap" style="width: 205px; height: 69px; x-condition: Online;"></textarea>
        <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Send Feedback" style="x-condition: Online;"/>
        </form>

        • Or look at Feedback link added as footer to all the pages:

        <hr />

        <hr />
        • And Create the form at "https://publictest.wennsoft.com/WSEvolutionHelpFeedback/Feedback/CreateForm.html"

        • You can add on the Header a JavaScript with document.write(exp1,exp2,exp3,...) to add the form to the page.
        • You can add to the JavaScript to look for page Meta and add the Footer only to selected pages.
        • You can use <related-links> element (or <xref>) to add the "Feedback" to  selected pages:
         <xref format="html" scope="external"
        href="javascript:void(window.open('https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/signup.do?source=rdf&S_CMP='+window.location.href))" >Feedback</xref>

        <related-links>
        <link format="html" scope="external"
        href="javascript:void(window.open('https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/signup.do?source=rdf&S_CMP='+window.location.href))"  >
        <desc>Feedback</desc>
        </link>
        </related-links>

        Is there a way to include an HTML form in an xsl template? Yes.

        • You  customize  your xsl file adding the Form to the  gen-user -header/footer/scripts template:
         <xsl:template name="gen-user-header">
            <!-- to customize: copy this to your override transform, add whatever content you want! -->
            <!-- for example, to display logos, search/nav widgets, etc. -->
          </xsl:template>
          <xsl:template name="gen-user-footer">
            <!-- to customize: copy this to your override transform, add whatever content you want! -->
            <!-- for example, to display compliances for: XHTML, accessibility, content ratings, etc. -->
          </xsl:template>
         <xsl:template name="gen-user-scripts">
            <!-- to customize: copy this to your override transform, add whatever content you want! -->
            <!-- see (or enable) the named template "script-sample" for an example -->
            <!--xsl:call-template name="script-sample"/-->
          </xsl:template>

        Malup

        Message 3 of 20 , May 10, 2012
          Thanks. I have made all those adjustments to the HTML and I still ge the error. I contacted the XDocs people.

          Sent from my iPad2

          Message 4 of 20 , May 10, 2012
            All is well. I finished XML-izing the HTML code and voila!!! It worked. Thanks to everyone for their help. This was a great learning experience.