Re: [dita-users] Re: Next meeting April 25 at 5:30 - A day in the life with the DITA Open Toolkit

  • Tony Chung
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 30 11:10 AM
      It might be good to convert the G2M4 proprietary CODEC format to
      something more universal, like H.264 MP4 or something. Do such tools
      exist?

      -T

      On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Bob <bob.conlin@...> wrote:
      > Solution: The missing codec was G2M4. This is common to GoToMeeting but not standard to Windows Media Player.
      > Once I downloaded the codec from Citrix the media player was able to use it and all is good.
    • juliov27612
      Message 2 of 12 , May 1, 2012
        Interesting because I did run the video through the Microsoft Expression Encoder which I thought would resolve the codec issue. Sorry for any inconvenience.

        Julio J. Vazquez
        SDI Global Solutions

        --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, "Bob" <bob.conlin@...> wrote:

        > Solution: The missing codec was G2M4. This is common to GoToMeeting but not standard to Windows Media Player. Once I downloaded the codec from Citrix the media player was able to use it and all is good.
        >
        > --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, "juliov27612" <julio_v27612@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Bob,
        > >
        > > Shouldn't need anything special; it's a WMV file. I know the player is invoked from the page.
        > >
        > > Not sure what's going on in your case, but I just tried it and it played.
        > >
        > > Julio J. Vazquez
        > > SDI Global Solutions
        > >
        > > --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, "Bob" <bob.conlin@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Is there a particular video app I need to view the video? I tried 3 different video viewing apps under Window Vista & Ubuntu and viewing from the website and the downloaded file. I closest I came was audio but no video.
        > > >
        > > > TIA, Bob

      • Mica Semrick
        Message 3 of 12 , May 1, 2012

          Handbrake! http://handbrake.fr/
          --
          Mica Semrick

          Technical Writer | Systems Engineer
          iCRco - The Innovative CR Company
          P) 310-921-9559 x226
          F) 310-542-7236
          msemrick@...
          http://www.icrcompany.com

          Message 4 of 12 , May 1, 2012
            DITA loves de handbrake! I forgot that it's cross platform!

            Thanks Mica!

            -Tony