Re: Next meeting April 25 at 5:30 - A day in the life with the DITA Open Toolkit

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 30 9:41 AM
      Solution: The missing codec was G2M4. This is common to GoToMeeting but not standard to Windows Media Player. Once I downloaded the codec from Citrix the media player was able to use it and all is good.

      --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, "juliov27612" <julio_v27612@...> wrote:

      > Hi Bob,
      >
      > Shouldn't need anything special; it's a WMV file. I know the player is invoked from the page.
      >
      > Not sure what's going on in your case, but I just tried it and it played.
      >
      > Julio J. Vazquez
      > SDI Global Solutions
      >
      > --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, "Bob" <bob.conlin@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Is there a particular video app I need to view the video? I tried 3 different video viewing apps under Window Vista & Ubuntu and viewing from the website and the downloaded file. I closest I came was audio but no video.
      > >
      > > TIA, Bob
      > >
      > > --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, "juliov27612" <julio_v27612@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > The video of this meeting has been posted to http://www.stc-carolina.org/DITA+User+Group
      > > >
      > > > Enjoy!
      > > >
      > > > Julio J. Vazquez
      > > > SDI Global Solutions

    • Tony Chung
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 30 11:10 AM
        It might be good to convert the G2M4 proprietary CODEC format to
        something more universal, like H.264 MP4 or something. Do such tools
        exist?

        -T

        On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Bob <bob.conlin@...> wrote:
        > Solution: The missing codec was G2M4. This is common to GoToMeeting but not standard to Windows Media Player.
        > Once I downloaded the codec from Citrix the media player was able to use it and all is good.
      • juliov27612
        Message 3 of 12 , May 1, 2012
          Interesting because I did run the video through the Microsoft Expression Encoder which I thought would resolve the codec issue. Sorry for any inconvenience.

          Julio J. Vazquez
          SDI Global Solutions

          --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, "Bob" <bob.conlin@...> wrote:

          > Solution: The missing codec was G2M4. This is common to GoToMeeting but not standard to Windows Media Player. Once I downloaded the codec from Citrix the media player was able to use it and all is good.
          >
          > --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, "juliov27612" <julio_v27612@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Bob,
          > >
          > > Shouldn't need anything special; it's a WMV file. I know the player is invoked from the page.
          > >
          > > Not sure what's going on in your case, but I just tried it and it played.
          > >
          > > Julio J. Vazquez
          > > SDI Global Solutions
          > >
          > > --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, "Bob" <bob.conlin@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Is there a particular video app I need to view the video? I tried 3 different video viewing apps under Window Vista & Ubuntu and viewing from the website and the downloaded file. I closest I came was audio but no video.
          > > >
          > > > TIA, Bob

        • Mica Semrick
          Message 4 of 12 , May 1, 2012

            Handbrake! http://handbrake.fr/
            --
            Mica Semrick

            Technical Writer | Systems Engineer
            iCRco - The Innovative CR Company
            P) 310-921-9559 x226
            F) 310-542-7236
            msemrick@...
            http://www.icrcompany.com

            Message 5 of 12 , May 1, 2012
              DITA loves de handbrake! I forgot that it's cross platform!

              Thanks Mica!

              -Tony