Re: [dita-users] Need best practice advice for figure titles

  • Eliot Kimber
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30 9:11 AM
      Of the three options, as a potential reader the 3rd option seems clearest to
      me.

      --
      Eliot Kimber
      Senior Solutions Architect, RSI Content Solutions
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2012
        Given that you are already in the task, option three seems appropriate.

        The other two seem more appropriate to an index. I would include both 1 and 2 as index entries.

        This may indicate why you have a problem deciding. Number three is appropriate in the context of the task.

        Numbers 1 and 2 seem more appropriate to finding the figure outside of the task. Perhaps you are thinking that 1 and 2 would be easier to understand in a table of figures? I would lean toward the index option as a better guide to the user.