Re: [dita-users] Re: DITA 2 HTML5

  • team wise
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 29 8:39 AM

      Hi Eliot Kimber,
      Now that you may have already presented the DITA North America 2012, how well are you working on or implementing EPUB3 transform using probably the DITA for Publisher plugin framework? I am very much convinced of the prospect of EPUB after implementing your impressive plugin to transform our production content into epub on android smartphones.
      Thank you
      Cheers

      On Apr 18, 2012 11:46 PM, "team wise" <dfanster@...> wrote:

      Good to know that you may have set sights on HTML5.
      Cheers

      On Apr 18, 2012 11:38 PM, "Eliot Kimber" <ekimber@...> wrote:

      HTML5 is not yet out of the box. But since I'm speaking on DITA and HTML5
      next week at the DITA North America conference, I will be implementing
      something here directly.

      I've also learned that in fact EPUB3 is now a released standard (not sure
      how I missed that memo before) so I will be actively working on adding EPUB3
      support to the base EPUB transform.

      If anyone has any thoughts on what HTML5 stuff would be useful or
      interesting please advise.

      I've been working with Bertrand Lefort on HTML5 designs but I haven't been
      able to give it much attention to date. That is changing now.

      Cheers,

      E.

      --
      Eliot Kimber
      Senior Solutions Architect, RSI Content Solutions

    • Eliot Kimber
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 29 9:56 AM
        EPUB3 is next on my D4P to-do list.

        Bertand Lefort is making good progress on the client-side aspects of the
        HTML5 transform, so should have news on that soon.

        Cheers,

        Eliot

        --
        Eliot Kimber
        Senior Solutions Architect, RSI Content Solutions
        Main: 512.554.9368
        www.rsicms.com
        www.rsuitecms.com
        Book: DITA For Practitioners, from XML Press,
        http://xmlpress.net/publications/dita/practitioners-1/