Links in pdf2

  • notwalnorton
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27 11:52 AM
      I am currently trying to make adjustments to our pdf2 (which uses fop) output to be as similar as our chm. We are using the same dita maps for both. How our chm is formatted there are pages that aren't in the toc or the ditamap but our linked to in some of the pages. I was wondering if something similar is possible in pdf. Right now all the links pointing to pages outside of toc our broken because the pages isn't generated. Is it possible to somehow generate either a hidden page in the pdf that can only be reached with a link or maybe an html pages.

      Thanks,

      Notwal
    • Eliot Kimber
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29 6:13 AM
        As far as I know there is no way in PDF to have "hidden" pages. You'd either
        need to include the pages somewhere in the PDF, say at the end, or render
        them as separate PDFs that are linked to from the main PDF.

        Adobe does provide for scripting of PDFs within Acrobat but I don't know how
        universal the support for that is or even what would be involved with
        implementing something to hide or reveal parts of the PDF or if that is even
        possible.

        Cheers,

        Eliot

        --
        Eliot Kimber
        Senior Solutions Architect, RSI Content Solutions
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 29 9:00 PM
          This could be possible through Javascript embedded inside PDF. You can use RenderX to embed Javascript for events when a page is shown or the document opened, etc. Not sure FOP supports this.

          Kevin Brown
          RenderX