Re: [dita-users] DITA for Publishers User's Guide Free on iTunes for iBooks

  • Eliot Kimber
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 24 1:32 PM
      I haven't had a chance to look. I will.

      I know that they add a properly list file to the EPUB. They may also add to
      the EPUB metadata.

      Cheers,

      E.

      --
      Eliot Kimber
      Senior Solutions Architect, RSI Content Solutions
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 24 1:35 PM
        As far as I can tell with a quick peek into the EPUB file, is the addition
        of info.plist file:

        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
        "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
        <plist version="1.0">
        <dict>
        <key>artistName</key>
        <string>W. Eliot Kimber</string>
        <key>book-info</key>
        <dict>
        <key>cover-image-hash</key>
        <string>09BE262BD97EE6922F7623BB831E6DCF</string>
        <key>cover-image-path</key>
        <string>images/epub-cover-graphic.jpg</string>
        <key>package-file-hash</key>
        <string>B602380A86B34FAC136DC544B1C437CE</string>
        <key>publisher-unique-id</key>
        <string>http://example.org/epubs/</string>
        <key>unique-id</key>
        <integer>-6183726405554359775</integer>
        </dict>
        <key>itemName</key>
        <string>DITA For Publishers User Guide</string>
        <key>playlistName</key>
        <string>DITA For Publishers User Guide</string>
        </dict>
        </plist>

        --
        Eliot Kimber
        Senior Solutions Architect, RSI Content Solutions
        Main: 512.554.9368
        www.rsicms.com
        www.rsuitecms.com
      • Scott Prentice
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 24 1:54 PM
          Interesting. I'm seeing 4 files that I assume weren't added by you ..

          iTunesArtwork
          iTunesMetadata.plist
          META-INF/signatures.xml
          META-INF/sinf.xml

          ...scott

          Sent from my phone. Please excuse any typos or unexpected brevity.

          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 24 1:59 PM
            Ah, I was looking at the wrong file. You're correct, it looks like it adds
            files related to Apple's DRM and one that is the "album cover" for the book.

            Cheers,

            E.

            --
            Eliot Kimber
            Senior Solutions Architect, RSI Content Solutions
            Main: 512.554.9368
            www.rsicms.com
            www.rsuitecms.com
          • matt_kaatman
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 26 8:13 AM
              Semi-on topic article that I recently read that I thought you might find interesting.

              http://gigaom.com/2012/04/18/note-to-publishers-your-addiction-to-drm-is-killing-you/