Re: [dita-users] Re: PDF2, output filename, DITA-OT

  • Dave Pawson
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 23 11:31 PM
      Thanks Michael, another bit of the puzzle resolved.

      On 23 April 2012 19:06, Michael <groups@...> wrote:
      > outputFile.base is a standard toolkit property, not exclusive to oXygen. The default in build.xml is...
      >
      > <property name="outputFile.base" value="${dita.map.filename.root}"/>

      I'll guess from the name that the script/code appends .pdf to that?

      > It's a bit distressing that more people don't know about this property and instead are recommending all of these hacks.

      "All these hacks" are necessary in my case.
      If you would like to document this (and any other properties you find
      useful) I'll gladly
      add them to the GPL documentation we're putting together.

      regards

      --
      Dave Pawson
      XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 24 9:47 AM
        --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@...> wrote:

        > I'll guess from the name that the script/code appends .pdf to that?

        Or .chm, or whatever, yes.

        > "All these hacks" are necessary in my case.

        I understand the need for the hacks to automatically get the metadata from your map, but that's a separate issue in my opinion. This seems more fundamental.

        > If you would like to document this (and any other properties you find
        > useful) I'll gladly add them to the GPL documentation we're putting together.

        I'd have to see how you're formatting that.

        -Michael
      • Dave Pawson
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 24 9:50 AM
          On 24 April 2012 17:47, Michael <groups@...> wrote:

          >> "All these hacks" are necessary in my case.
          >
          > I understand the need for the hacks to automatically get the metadata from your map, but that's a separate issue in my opinion. This seems more fundamental.

          Part of the same issue for me. I don't have cmd line access.

          >> If you would like to document this (and any other properties you find
          >> useful) I'll gladly add them to the GPL documentation  we're putting together.
          >
          > I'd have to see how you're formatting that.

          DITA input, 1.2

          regards

          --
          Dave Pawson