Re: PDF2, output filename, DITA-OT

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 23 11:06 AM
      outputFile.base is a standard toolkit property, not exclusive to oXygen. The default in build.xml is...

      <property name="outputFile.base" value="${dita.map.filename.root}"/>

      And I override it in my Ant scripts with...

      <property name="outputFile.base" value="${driver.name}"/>

      And I set driver.name with this line in the batch file...

      ant -f %INPUT_DIR%\ant_scripts\build_driver.xml pdf -Ddriver.name=%1 -Doem.name=%2 -Doutput.dir=%OUTPUT_DIR% -logfile %OUTPUT_DIR%\log.txt

      It's a bit distressing that more people don't know about this property and instead are recommending all of these hacks.

      -Michael

      --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Bob, but oXygen is only a part of the end to end cms.
      > regards DaveP
      >
      > On 23 April 2012 16:33, Bob <bob.conlin@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I don't know if this is what you need or not but in Oxygen
      > > transformations I like to use outputFile or  outputFile.base parameter
      > > to set the file name, typically:
      > >
      > > outputFile set to value of "out/<file_name_here>.pdf"
      > > or
      > > outputFile.base set to a value of "<file_name_here>
      > >
      > > HTH, Bob
      > >

      > > --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@> wrote:

      > > key=value
      > > expects
      > >> >

      > >> And easier from xslt. Understood.

      > > rather, when
      > >> >
      > >> So how do I 'return' the new filename from this target....?
      > >> ANT scoping rules...
      > >> Script wide, available to all.
      > >> target based, if I 'obtain' the property from the xmlpropertyreader...
      > >> will it be available
      > >> to another target in the same script? I guess I can test this.

      > > look in
      > >> >

      > >> Thanks. Good start. I can play now. Thanks again Aliza.
      > >>
      > >> regards
      > >>

      > >> --
      > >> Dave Pawson
      > >> XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.
      > >> Docbook FAQ.
      > >> http://www.dpawson.co.uk

      > --
      > Dave Pawson
      > XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.
      > Docbook FAQ.
      > http://www.dpawson.co.uk

    • Dave Pawson
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 23 11:31 PM
        Thanks Michael, another bit of the puzzle resolved.

        On 23 April 2012 19:06, Michael <groups@...> wrote:
        > outputFile.base is a standard toolkit property, not exclusive to oXygen. The default in build.xml is...
        >
        > <property name="outputFile.base" value="${dita.map.filename.root}"/>

        I'll guess from the name that the script/code appends .pdf to that?

        > It's a bit distressing that more people don't know about this property and instead are recommending all of these hacks.

        "All these hacks" are necessary in my case.
        If you would like to document this (and any other properties you find
        useful) I'll gladly
        add them to the GPL documentation we're putting together.

        regards

        --
        Dave Pawson
        XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 24 9:47 AM
          --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@...> wrote:

          > I'll guess from the name that the script/code appends .pdf to that?

          Or .chm, or whatever, yes.

          > "All these hacks" are necessary in my case.

          I understand the need for the hacks to automatically get the metadata from your map, but that's a separate issue in my opinion. This seems more fundamental.

          > If you would like to document this (and any other properties you find
          > useful) I'll gladly add them to the GPL documentation we're putting together.

          I'd have to see how you're formatting that.

          -Michael
        • Dave Pawson
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 24 9:50 AM
            On 24 April 2012 17:47, Michael <groups@...> wrote:

            >> "All these hacks" are necessary in my case.
            >
            > I understand the need for the hacks to automatically get the metadata from your map, but that's a separate issue in my opinion. This seems more fundamental.

            Part of the same issue for me. I don't have cmd line access.

            >> If you would like to document this (and any other properties you find
            >> useful) I'll gladly add them to the GPL documentation  we're putting together.
            >
            > I'd have to see how you're formatting that.

            DITA input, 1.2

            regards

            --
            Dave Pawson