Re: [dita-users] Re: Conref to a different folder

  • Radu Coravu
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 1 12:16 AM
      Hi Bob,

      So what happens is that by default the DITA OT never deletes the output
      folder before publishing.
      Before you had the external reference, the PDF was generated exactly in
      the output folder.
      After you added the external reference, the PDF got generated in a more
      complex folder structure in the output folder.
      So after publishing you had in the same output folder structure two PDF
      files. Oxygen had no idea which one was generated by the DITA OT (which
      is run as an external process) and it kept opening the older PDF file,
      that's why cleaning the output folder worked, it removed the older PDF
      file and Oxygen opened the right PDF file after publishing.

      In the DITA OT bundled with Oxygen we added a parameter called
      "clean.output" which can be controlled by editing the transformation
      scenario (in the Parameters tab). This parameter is useful to start each
      publishing with a clean state.

      Regards,
      Radu

      Radu Coravu
      http://www.oxygenxml.com

    • Radu Coravu
      Message 34 of 34 , Mar 1 12:30 AM
        Hi Bob,

        The case of the missing images probably depends on the DITA OT version
        you are using.
        If you are using Oxygen 13.2 with the bundled DITA OT 1.5.4 I think that
        this should work.
        But if you are using an external DITA OT 1.5.4 installation, it might
        not work because the DITA OT 1.5.4 bundled with Oxygen contains some
        fixes related to such problems, fixes which were made after the DITA OT
        1.5.4 distribution was available on site:

        > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3470580&group_id=132728&atid=725074

        Regards,
        Radu

        Radu Coravu