How to use "-dita-use-conref-target" for

  • s.shingo
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6 4:42 AM
      Hi,

      "DITA Style Guide" (By Tony Self) says that
      Set href="-dita-use-conref-target" for conref image (pp.143).
      For example,

      <concept id="File">
      <image href="Image.jpg" id="original"/>
      <image conref="#File/original" href="-dita-use-conref-target"/>
      </concept>

      However, When I open this file by FrameMaker, Error log appears which says "file not found "-dita-use-conref-target""
      When I open this file by oxygen, Error message appears too.

      Do I misunderstand how to use this attribute value?
    • Radu Coravu
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 6 5:16 AM
        Hi,

        I don't think it's necessary to specify the "-dita-use-conref-target"
        value on the image href in this case but maybe it's a best practice of
        some kind.
        Anyway, the construct should not show the error in Oxygen.

        If you modify this CSS file (used for rendering the XML in the Author page):

        OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR/frameworks/dita/css_classed/topic.css

        and add at the end of the CSS file the following CSS selector:

        *[class~="topic/image"][href="-dita-use-conref-target"]{
        content: "";
        }

        then the error message should no longer be displayed in the Author page.

        Regards,
        Radu

        Radu Coravu
        http://www.oxygenxml.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 6 5:49 AM
          The entire paragraph from Tony's book is this:
          > Because the href attribute of the image element is mandatory, you
          must set the value of the href attribute of the referencing image to
          -dita-use-conref-target

          This is true for DITA 1.1 but no longer true for DITA 1.2.
          In the DITA 1.2 specifications the "href" attribute on the image is
          optional:

          http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/os/spec/langref/image.html#image

          Oxygen by default has support for editing/validating with the DITA 1.2
          DTDs so there is no need to add the extra "href" but probably depends on
          the tool you are using.

          Regards,
          Radu

          Radu Coravu
          http://www.oxygenxml.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 6 5:53 AM
            Hi, Radu
            Thank you for such a quick response!
            I modified css and Error message dissapeared!

            BTW, you say that it's not necessary to specify the "-dita-use-conref-target".
            Does this mean that "href" is not necessary in conref image tag?
            But href is required by dtd...
            What do you mean?

            Anyway, Thank you again!

            --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, Radu Coravu <radu_coravu@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > I don't think it's necessary to specify the "-dita-use-conref-target"
            > value on the image href in this case but maybe it's a best practice of
            > some kind.
            > Anyway, the construct should not show the error in Oxygen.
            >
            > If you modify this CSS file (used for rendering the XML in the Author page):
            >
            > OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR/frameworks/dita/css_classed/topic.css
            >
            > and add at the end of the CSS file the following CSS selector:
            >
            > *[class~="topic/image"][href="-dita-use-conref-target"]{
            > content: "";
            > }
            >
            > then the error message should no longer be displayed in the Author page.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Radu
            >
            > Radu Coravu
            > http://www.oxygenxml.com
            >
            > On 7/6/2011 2:42 PM, s.shingo wrote:
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > "DITA Style Guide" (By Tony Self) says that
            > > Set href="-dita-use-conref-target" for conref image (pp.143).
            > > For example,
            > >
            > > <concept id="File">
            > > <image href="Image.jpg" id="original"/>
            > > <image conref="#File/original" href="-dita-use-conref-target"/>
            > > </concept>
            > >
            > > However, When I open this file by FrameMaker, Error log appears which
            > > says "file not found "-dita-use-conref-target""
            > > When I open this file by oxygen, Error message appears too.
            > >
            > > Do I misunderstand how to use this attribute value?

          • Eliot Kimber
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 6 6:58 AM
              With DITA 1.2 we made @href optional on <image> as you can use @keyref in
              place of @href.

              Your DTDs are therefore out of date (i.e., probably reflect DITA 1.1 rules).

              Cheers,

              E.

              --
              Eliot Kimber