Second pdf customization on same dita-ot enviroment

  • Kosta S.
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2011
      Hello DITA community,

      I have customized one layout for PDF document. Now I need to make another customization for second type of documents. The question is: How can I make/invoke second cutomization on the same dita-ot enviroment. Or should I use second dita-ot enviroment for the second layout.
      (just for info: dita-ot enviroment means the dita-ot folder).

      I hope there is better and elegant solution for that than to use every time new dita-ot folder for every new custom output.

      Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestion.

      Regards,
      Kosta
    • Leora Betesh
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2011

        Kosta,

        You can add a second Customization folder pretty much anywhere in the Dita-ot.  You can place it in the same folder as the existing Customization folder with another name, such as “UserManual”.  Make sure to use the same folder structure and catalog file as the existing Customization folder.

        Then you need to add an ant parameter at run-time to use this new folder.   For example:

        <param name="customization.dir" value="C:\ditaot1.5\demo\fo\UserManual"/>

        Add that parameter to your project build file and it should be using the new styles.

        Leora Betesh

        Suite Solutions

        Create > Manage > Deploy

        Telephone: 011-972-8-973-5097

        Mobile: 011-972-50-413-5994

        http://www.suite-sol.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2011
          Hi Kosta,

          The customization folder does not have to reside under the DITA OT directory, it can be anywhere in the file system as long as you specify the full path to the folder. You can also pass the argument in through the command line (or bat file) using -Dcustomization.dir.

          HTH,

          Julio J. Vazquez
          SDI Global Solutions