How I can to insert MathML ecuantions in DITA topic?

  • jero3000@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1 9:24 AM
      Hello,

      I can't to insert or integrate MathMl code in DITA topic. The MathML editor integrate in oXygen XML Author generates the code but DITA can't interpret it. I can do?

      Tanks
    • Deborah Pickett
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1 2:37 PM
        On 2010-08-02 02.24, jero3000@... wrote:
        > I can't to insert or integrate MathMl code in DITA topic. The MathML
        > editor integrate in oXygen XML Author generates the code but DITA can't
        > interpret it. I can do?

        As you've correctly concluded, writing the MathML isn't the issue, it's
        getting DITA-OT to render it. Fortunately there is a plugin which will
        render MathML to HTML for display in HTML or HTMLHelp files. Take a
        look at http://futzle.com/users/debbiep/dita/svg-dita/ for some sample
        input and output. (Unfortunately there is no plugin which does this for
        PDF output.)

        The plugin (actually a set of plugins) is called the Plus Plugins, and
        you can download them either from SourceForge CVS or from the dita-users
        group Files area in the Demos directory. There are many dependencies so
        you will have to download additional software to do the SVG and MathML
        bits. Read the documentation and ask here on the list for help.
      • katrielreichman
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2 1:06 PM
          You can include equations in DITA topics by creating an SVG of the equation. You might want to consider sMarth, a web-based tool that creates mathematical equations in SVG. sMarth has some significant limitations but it might do the trick for you.

          Katriel Reichman (katriel@...), http://methodm.com/blog/

          P.S. Credit due to Richard Simms for pointing out sMarth.