Re: How do I put a table into a fo:float for my customization

  • babelgone
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1 10:21 AM
      It seems that xsl is not the problem, yet, anyway.

      I recommend that you isolate the problem, which means you need to work directly in the xsl-fo (*.fo) file. Try to find the right xsl-fo markup and run it directly through your formatter (FOP, XEP, AH, whatever) until you get the output you want.

      THEN (and only then) go back to your xsl to figure out how to generate it programmatically. The role of your xsl is simply to generate the xsl-fo that generates the PDF output you desire.

      This means you'll have to come up to speed with xsl-fo pretty quickly. Not sure how to do that, but start with w3schools... and keep the xsl-fo spec open, too.

      Note: if you're using the PDF2 transform (dita2pdf), the xsl-fo file is in the temp directory, called "stage3.fo". If you're using the "legacy" pdf transform (dita2legacypdf), it's also in the temp file, but it's named based on the map file name.

      -seth park